Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tord31

Aberdeen 4 - 1 St Mirren

Recommended Posts

Good performance - not yet time to get carried away - playing against 10 men for the majority - though ref did his best to even that up by his performance in the second half

Stewart needs to be less wasteful - Scales to take his chance 

Cracking goals - Miovski and Hayes seem to have a good understanding which is positive - despite the screamer of a goal the most telling was the 2nd because of the team work involved.

Lose the silly errors and we could have a very good season.

A good win - playing football on the front foot - more please

Share this post


Link to post

For those who think we're signing too many players that's another 2 injuries already. 

4 out and we've only played 2 league games. 

We're going to need a big squad 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Harry's Double Shuffle said:

Great shout out...only one cannae mind is Shearer....Bett home to Hibs, 3-0, 1985; VdA away at Well, 1988?; Gillhaus, East End Pk, November 89.....oh Hartley's 3 pens v Accies.....now what year would that have been...? pre-McInnes, right?

And Adam Rooney and Simon Church?

Share this post


Link to post

Other than Coulson injury the only things that pissed me off in that game was the ref with a shite penalty call & the McCrorie booking just before. What a wanker.

 

Still pissing me off that JG hasn’t signed a LCH that can also ‘cover’ at LB though 😉

we have plenty cover at LB really but fk all at LCH. He can’t really justify his comments on Bates (shite as he is) saying that he doesn’t like a right footed defender playing LCH but only have a right footed midfielder as his main backup cover in that position in McCrorie.

 

Just sign a fkn LCH JG please ffs

Edited by fine-n-dandy

Share this post


Link to post

Just back from the game , thoroughly enjoyed that. Some great performances all over the park , great debut from Clarkson , Scales and Stewart look superb as does Mivoski COYR

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

For those who think we're signing too many players that's another 2 injuries already. 

4 out and we've only played 2 league games. 

We're going to need a big squad 

3 players - Barron, Morris and Coulson. 

Share this post


Link to post

Good performance. Shame we didn’t get a couple more in the second half but can’t have everything. Bring on Motherwell next week.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Footballs coming Rome said:

3 players - Barron, Morris and Coulson. 

And Roberts and McKenzie. 

So 5

Edited by aberdeen1970

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I don’t think we’ll be seeing Hayden Coulson any time soon by the sounds of Jim Goodwin’s comments on REDTV 

As much as Gallagher getting sent off was funny, this is a bad blow.

Gutted by the Roberts injury but can accept it. But its one thing if you get an unfortunate injury, but for the loon to be put out due to that fucking cart horse putting in a shocking challenge sticks in the throat. 

Edited by Ernie McCracken
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Good performance overall should have scored more but cannot complain with 4, 2nd half spoiled by a poor referee showed no protection to our players gave them a poor pen and booked Mccrorie when it wasn’t even a foul. The lad Clarkson was superb played some lovely passes always played with his head up and score an absolute screamer great debut

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Dynamo said:

Delighted to see Declan Gallagher cover himself in glory. 

should have been off for the assault on Coulson alone.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, redone said:

Why ?.....what happens if we don't win ?....do we get relegated or something?

No we don’t get momentum to push for title 

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Other than Coulson injury the only things that pissed me off in that game was the ref with a shite penalty call & the McCrorie booking just before. What a wanker.

 

Still pissing me off that JG hasn’t signed a LCH that can also ‘cover’ at LB though 😉

we have plenty cover at LB really but fk all at LCH. He can’t really justify his comments on Bates (shite as he is) saying that he doesn’t like a right footed defender playing LCH but only have a right footed midfielder as his main backup cover in that position in McCrorie.

 

Just sign a fkn LCH JG please ffs

Does seem a pity we let considine go.  Could have given cover we haven’t got at the moment.  Who would you rather bates or considine as our back up

Edited by Bamber

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Bamber said:

Does seem a pity we let considine go.  Could have given cover we haven’t got at the moment.  Who would you rather bates or considine as our back up

I'd fully expect another centre back if we shift Bates 

The Consi ship has well and truly sailed. I thought we'd all moved on from that. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Like you don’t want to dwell on the Consi thing.  Would he have wanted only to be a back up?  More likely to be an Ash Taylor type from Englandsville or even a youngster like McKenna but in on loan, not out.

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Bamber said:

Does seem a pity we let considine go.  Could have given cover we haven’t got at the moment.  Who would you rather bates or considine as our back up

We didn't "let him go"

We offered him a contract and he rejected it

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Not one of Stevie Wonder's better tunes but fuck it....

 

Not having that MAD, that song's a cracker.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Good performance but not prefect, Ramsay needs to do more, never saw him doing anything. Hayes needs punted as well, no time for tic rejects.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

Very happy with that - I'd went in quite cautious but pleased to say they very much exceeded my expectations. 

Good performances all round but I was particularly impressed with Scales who looks like he can be a creative attacking threat as well as solid defender.

Fair play to Clarkson, can't be easy coming in at short notice but he looked a real find.  Good to have some more options in centre midfield. 

Nasty challenge by Gallagher, the injuries were the only downside today.

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, Bamber said:

Does seem a pity we let considine go.  Could have given cover we haven’t got at the moment.  Who would you rather bates or considine as our back up

Considine over Bates 100%.

Over Considine going but with the lack of cover & the stink around his departure (whichever side was most stinking in that shambles) you have to wonder why JG hasn’t really brought in decent cover yet. Not like he didn’t know it’s an important hole to cover

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Good performance but not prefect, Ramsay needs to do more, never saw him doing anything. Hayes needs punted as well, no time for tic rejects.

Ramsay needs to work on his stamina. Never got near a St’s player all day

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Millertime said:

We didn't "let him go"

We offered him a contract and he rejected it

He got greedy, we gave him a great offer, called him out and laughed at his agent when he wanted ronaldo terms, what a prick. Could have had a job with the club for life, fuck him.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Ernie McCracken said:

As much as Gallagher getting sent off was funny, this is a bad blow.

Gutted by the Roberts injury but can accept it. But its one thing if you get an unfortunate injury, but for the loon to be put out due to that fucking cart horse putting in a shocking challenge sticks in the throat. 

It’s funny because the big thug never once out in a challenge like that whilst playing for the Dons 

I hated the cunt whilst he was here, I hate the cunt even more now.

Cunt. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Not one of Stevie Wonder's better tunes but fuck it....

 

Duk Duk Duk Duk

Duk Duk Luis Duk Luis Duk Duk

Duk Duk Luis Duk Luis Duk Lopes...

repeat

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...