Aberdeen 4 - 1 St Mirren

13 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Insults aside, changing the formation completely for a home game against Motherwell after a relatively settled start to the season with a group of new players feels a tad drastic. 

I think we'd have more players potentially out of position moving to a back 3 for next Saturday than we would if we just had a wee tweak and moved Scales across and dropped McCrorie back. 

Seems likely what will happen. Leighton will come in and take that midfield slot left by McCrorie. 

Remove the Clarkson goal from the equation - even still, that was a midfield performance from the youngster that I've not seen in many a day at Pittodrie. And how ironical is it that he's so similiar in age, size, style and stature to our own Connor Barron.

If Clarkson doesn't make it at Liverpool, he'll still make it at the top level somewhere else. Huge talent. And one that we need to build our team around, for the rest of the season.

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Remove the Clarkson goal from the equation - even still, that was a midfield performance from the youngster that I've not seen in many a day at Pittodrie. And how ironical is it that he's so similiar in age, size, style and stature to our own Connor Barron.

If Clarkson doesn't make it at Liverpool, he'll still make it at the top level somewhere else. Huge talent. And one that we need to build our team around, for the rest of the season.

Aye he slotted in very nicely on Saturday. It could be a struggle for Barron to get back in if we hit some form whilst he’s out. 

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

A strange one that it didn’t work out for him at Blackburn. Some have said it was a physicality thing so assume he was getting kicked up in the air. 

8 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Can’t see a thread about him but how good was that finish from Duk on Saturday? He had lots of time to think about it, showed some good acceleration and finished it off with a really composed finish. Credit to Ramirez as well for the through ball.

I thought he’d sneaked it beyond the far post. Easy option would have been to square it for Vinnie for a simple tap in so good on him for taking it on himself.

4 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

If we played like that against both cheeks with a 4-1 or 3-1 win , i think i'd paint my house red.

We beat the victims 4-1 at Pittodrie in November 1985 with Frankie McDougall scoring all four for us.

Shame the TV cameramen were on strike at the time, so unfortunately there is no footage of that beautiful occasion. Fucking just like it.

However, the 5-1 home win footage against the dead club from January '85 is still readily available online.

Don't be surprised if we give the rangers a proper, well-deserved doing this season. ?

Sorry if this has been covered before but just watched Sportscene. Gallagher is a dirty, thick, cheating, useless footballer. After his horrific assault on Coulson, he has the temerity or the stupidity to point at the ball, as if to say “Ref, I played the ball”, when it was clearly obvious he was nowhere near it. This tackle in itself should have been a red card. At the penalty, he had the temerity or the stupidity to point to his chest, when the ball obviously his hit outstretched hand which couldn’t possibly been any further from his chest. Dearie, dearie me. What an abomination of a footballer.

On 8/8/2022 at 3:00 PM, Big Hat Logan said:

Any word on Coulson?

Now I’ve seen the tackle again I think it’s more a red than yellow.

Same here after seeing it on tv, but I’ll admit that at the time , from my view in the South Stand  a yellow seemed right. But the ref was just a few yards away with a clear view.

And I think Gallagher was just fuckin slow rather than deliberately dirty.

23 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Struck me as a bit kari arnasson but nothing like as talented.

File under disappointing.

Arnasson was struggling when we resigned him as a defender. In his first spell when he was a much younger midfielder the couple of times he played centre back he looked decent.

I would put him much more akin to Bug Wullie Garner minus the shit hot punditry of course.

1 minute ago, Kilgore Trout said:

Arnasson was struggling when we resigned him as a defender. In his first spell when he was a much younger midfielder the couple of times he played centre back he looked decent.

I would put him much more akin to Bug Wullie Garner minus the shit hot punditry of course.

Yet he looked a million dollars for Iceland at the back which just added to the mystery 

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

Yet he looked a million dollars for Iceland at the back which just added to the mystery 

I really don’t think he was fully fit is the only explanation I can think of along with being on the slow side with the defensive midfield lynchpin of Dom Ball playing in front of him. Poor bastard didn’t stand a chance 

2 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Was watching the highlights/full match replay on RedTV and really impressed with Jack McKenzie on the comms. He speaks really well and is not afraid to say what we're doing wrong tactically etc.  

Aye, I must admit he came across very well for a young un.  Way better than some o' the fuckin' numpties they've had on..............and dinna even get me started on the half time splitties.