Aberdeen 4 - 1 St Mirren

10 minutes ago, redone said:

Why ?.....what happens if we don't win ?....do we get relegated or something?

Gives folk an excuse to panic early in the season about point gaps to Hearts and Dundee United. 

These new posters just give you a sair heid. Imagine going to the football with some of this lot, they'd suck the fun right out of it. 

"We're only drawing and Dundee United are winning. That means they'll go 3 points ahead of us. Hope we get a goal before half time to close the gap" 

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Gives folk an excuse to panic early in the season about point gaps to Hearts and Dundee United. 

These new posters just give you a sair heid. Imagine going to the football with some of this lot, they'd suck the fun right out of it. 

"We're only drawing and Dundee United are winning. That means they'll go 3 points ahead of us. Hope we get a goal before half time to close the gap" 

The main reason I can think of it actually being a must-win game is to reduce the chances of zero, slippers etc going even more overboard with their Goodwin-out-now!! pish 

43 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

When did you last have fun at an Aberdeen match?

?

59 minutes ago, redone said:

The main reason I can think of it actually being a must-win game is to reduce the chances of zero, slippers etc going even more overboard with their Goodwin-out-now!! pish 

Aye because after spending nearly £2 million this summer zero, slippers etc will be the only ones unhappy if we fail to beat St Mirren at home ?? Makes sense!!

3 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Aye because after spending nearly £2 million this summer zero, slippers etc will be the only ones unhappy if we fail to beat St Mirren at home ?? Makes sense!!

Imagine being a dons fans and not expecting us to beat St Mirren at home who are 1 of the relegation candidates. It really is a worry the mentality of some of our fans. Complete loser mentality. It’s a huge test not only for our recruitment but also for Goodwin who failed to win games like this last season. I’m very confident we will win this convincingly but if we don’t he will rightly be criticised by many people on here but it will only be me and zero criticised. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, slippers said:

Imagine being a dons fans and not expecting us to beat St Mirren at home who are 1 of the relegation candidates. It really is a worry the mentality of some of our fans. Complete loser mentality. It’s a huge test not only for our recruitment but also for Goodwin who failed to win games like this last season. I’m very confident we will win this convincingly but if we don’t he will rightly be criticised by many people on here but it will only be me and zero criticised. 

I don’t “expect” us to beat anyone. We *should* win but football doesn’t always work out like that, it’s nothing to do with a “loser mentality”. Expecting to win every week and having a meltdown when it doesn’t happen is proper hun behaviour. 

I think we now have more than enough quality in forward areas to comfortably work with most of the SPL teams and particularly at home. With another weeks training and settling in under his belt I expect to see more from Miovski today who I think its going to be a real star in this league. If things don't go to plan then we have some decent options on the bench as well now. Its match day and at least we are seeing some interesting signings this year. Nothing in guaranteed in football but I think Goodwin will do okay and one things for sure, everyone pulling in the same direction increases the chances of success. A bit like us Hibs simply have to improve this season,  Hearts will be decent again and Dundee United looked no bad on Thursday but I think we will finish top 4 this season. 

51 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

I don’t “expect” us to beat anyone. We *should* win but football doesn’t always work out like that, it’s nothing to do with a “loser mentality”. Expecting to win every week and having a meltdown when it doesn’t happen is proper hun behaviour. 

I don’t expect us to win every game. I realise football dosnt work that way. We won’t win all the games we should win but equally we may pick up a few points we wouldn’t expect. Our budgets aren’t probably that far off us playing rangers. St mirren must have 20-25% of our budget. I guess it comes down to performance if we aren’t to win comes into question. If we play very well and don’t win the game I can live with that. But if we play really poorly and draw/lose game I just like others are aloud to be disappointed. It’s nothing to do with being against Goodwin. I hope he is a massive success but losing today in certain circumstances would be a bit of a red flag to me when you add last seasons results in is my point. I don’t think we will lose anyway. 

3 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

When did you last have fun at an Aberdeen match?

?