Shayden Morris

20 hours ago, Just Dandy said:

Disagree.

FFS, last season I remember replying to "How did Kennedy get on?" with "He just made a bolt for the pitch and the steward's werenae quick enough to stop him."

But I've been impressed with him in pre-season - if he keeps up that form he will be challenging for a start, and I'll change my opinion of him.

Not the right time to sell.

He was good v lower league sides agreed. Did little v the tims. 

He's done fuck all really since he signed in Jan 2020 and was only signed as he had a decent couple of games which met the McInnes signing criteria of that time. 

A big month coming up for him. 

1 hour ago, Betty Swallicks said:

He was good v lower league sides agreed. Did little v the tims. 

He's done fuck all really since he signed in Jan 2020 and was only signed as he had a decent couple of games which met the McInnes signing criteria of that time. 

A big month coming up for him. 

Aye, house-hunting in a different city can be a major project. 

32 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

I understand he's lightning quick apparently but with the massive doubt of him being any good , why is it a 4 year deal?

Being good isn't always necessary in this league. 

If he can run with or after the ball and put in a cross then we have ourselves a striker who can chase down long balls, or an ad hoc wide player, sir!

1 hour ago, HaarDon said:

I understand he's lightning quick apparently but with the massive doubt of him being any good , why is it a 4 year deal?

I hardly think the recruitment team has hand picked him with "massive doubt of him being any good"

How does that conversation go? Aye, we've found this lad. Really think he could end up shite, but let's go balls deep with a fee and 4 year deal.

Obviously the recruitment team do not have that level of doubt in him and are confident he will in fact be good. 4 year deal gives him time to settle in. Even if that takes 1 season we've still 3 more seasons of him under contract.

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

I hardly think the recruitment team has hand picked him with "massive doubt of him being any good"

How does that conversation go? Aye, we've found this lad. Really think he could end up shite, but let's go balls deep with a fee and 4 year deal.

Obviously the recruitment team do not have that level of doubt in him and are confident he will in fact be good. 4 year deal gives him time to settle in. Even if that takes 1 season we've still 3 more seasons of him under contract.

I shouldn't have wrote 'massive' doubt.

Still think Jimbo is putting a lot of faith in him for a 4 year deal though.

Conversation could have gone like this.

'Aye he's quick and has scored 2 goals in 40 appearances.let's get him on a 4 year deal ASAP'

Hmm.

Hoping he does great though ?

1 hour ago, starryfish said:

Ryan Duncan must be terrible if he can’t get a game before this imposter 

Morris and Roberts are ridiculous signings. Both tinpot league garbage and pushing our own youngsters back in the queue.

Transfer window started well with Miovski and Ramadani but soon descended into ”lazy recruitment” 

The guy is fast, and direct, and he put in a couple of decent crosses. He also had a truly horrific shot at goal. It's too early to say whether or not he's any good. I'm a bit more certain that Richardson is basically just a sprinter who's been given a pair of football boots - really don't think he's got much footballing ability, or positional awareness. He's not embarrassed himself to Jack Gurr levels yet, but I'm not overly confident that he's going to prove to be much better based on what I've seen so far. 

Morris, Duk, Roberts I'm willing to give more than one or two sub appearances before making a call on them. 

The boy Clarkson was anonymous most of the time he was on the pitch too. I think he was getting a bit frustrated at times that our centre backs weren't giving him the ball, but even when he had it he didn't do much of significance with it.