Leighton Clarkson

7 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

I think Liverpool being who they are, we may have a better chance of actually getting this guy on a permanent deal if he proves to be decent.

Got to be a positive.

Liverpool being who they are, will cut this guy's loan short in January when we're up at the top of the table and in with a bloody good chance of winning the league.

Still bitter ?

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

U-20 international, on a long term contract at Liverpool and at a good age - he should be pushing to make a name for himself now.

As someone said though, does this conflict with Connor Barron's starting place? The laddie seems to be a very similar type of player

Barron is out for at least a month is he not? 

Could easily play Barron and Clarkson either side of Ramadani in a three. 

Or Barron further forward with the other two sitting. 

Good to have options, we'll have plenty injuries and or suspensions I'm sure over the course of the season.  Clearly seen as a better current option than Polvara who will be the one to miss out. 

Keeps the line up fresh as well. We all watched the same 11 players trudging through games second half of last season, fuck watching that again. 

26 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

I think Liverpool being who they are, we may have a better chance of actually getting this guy on a permanent deal if he proves to be decent.

Got to be a positive.

If Jurgen the German recalled the lad from his Blackburn loan because he wasn't seeing any game time, you'd have to assume that the agreement between us and Liverpool is that he gets as much game time here as is possible, or else the same scenario repeats itself. Which leaves Barron where exactly? And Roberts?

How long does he have on his contract? Is he highly regarded by Liverpool and in their long term thinking? Or do we have an option to make it permamnant, at the end of the deal?

Scattergun approach from AFC this summer, is my assertion of our dealings. We've gone from an all UK and Ireland policy, to an all over 30s stratagee, to a no Jock, multi winger and midfield FIFA Manager game, blocking the progress of our most promising youngsters in the prawcess.

I'm away for a lie down before this afternoon's excitement.

• Haha 1
Just now, frankie_mac's_4 said:

U-20 international, on a long term contract at Liverpool and at a good age - he should be pushing to make a name for himself now.

As someone said though, does this conflict with Connor Barron's starting place? The laddie seems to be a very similar type of player

Conflict? If anything it should keep players on their toes and fight for their place in the team. If he is better than Barron then he should play, I’m not arsed just want to win games.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Conflict? If anything it should keep players on their toes and fight for their place in the team. If he is better than Barron then he should play, I’m not arsed just want to win games.

Aye. 

Fuck this first choice, second choice thinking. 

Plenty of competition for places middle to front now. 

Even if half of them are better than last season's bunch we'll be in a better place 

1 minute ago, sooth_stander said:

If Jurgen the German recalled the lad from his Blackburn loan because he wasn't seeing any game time, you'd have to assume that the agreement between us and Liverpool is that he gets as much game time here as is possible, or else the same scenario repeats itself. Which leaves Barron where exactly? And Roberts?

How long does he have on his contract? Is he highly regarded by Liverpool and in their long term thinking? Or do we have an option to make it permamnant, at the end of the deal?

Scattergun approach from AFC this summer, is my assertion of our dealings.

Scattergun approach ? 

Fucking hell, honestly we have the most joyless negative fans in world football. We sign a promising young player on loan from Liverpool and all people can do is pick out the negatives. Folk have started howling at the moon over Polvara so surely they can be happy we have brought in a creative mid to compete for his place? Barron is out injured too so what is the issue?

• Upvote 3
3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye. 

Fuck this first choice, second choice thinking. 

Plenty of competition for places middle to front now. 

Even if half of them are better than last season's bunch we'll be in a better place 

Exactly. We seem to have a bit of decent depth for a change and players should be knocking their pans in for game time. It can only be a good thing. Unless you’re an Aberdeen fan and it’s all terrible and the manager needs to go.

1 minute ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Exactly. We seem to have a bit of decent depth for a change and players should be knocking their pans in for game time. It can only be a good thing. Unless you’re an Aberdeen fan and it’s all terrible and the manager needs to go.

Last year's endless chat about who we should sign to be our first/second /third/fourth choice strikers ended up being a hoot when Glass decided he only needed one. 

Folk are going to have to perform consistently if they want to stay in the team this year. 

23 minutes ago, Zander1903 said:

shite unless Maddison quality then

Not disagreeing Maddison is quality but if memory serves me right he never had a massive impact with us. Quite often a sub behind Shinnie, Jack, McLean and even Pawlett and loan ended in January.

For his free kick against them though he'll always be a Don