Leighton Clarkson

21 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Conflict? If anything it should keep players on their toes and fight for their place in the team. If he is better than Barron then he should play, I’m not arsed just want to win games.

Exactly. Competition for places is exactly what we need JG identified that was a major issue when he arrived as he wanted to change things but couldn't as he had virtually no options. He said he wants competition for places in every position no-one to be guaranteed a start. I'm on board with that either play well consistently or you're on the bench. That's exactly how it should be. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Shinniesta said:

Exactly. Competition for places is exactly what we need JG identified that was a major issue when he arrived as he wanted to change things but couldn't as he had virtually no options. He said he wants competition for places in every position no-one to be guaranteed a start. I'm on board with that either play well consistently or you're on the bench. That's exactly how it should be. 

Absolutely. Last season a lot of players looked far too comfortable as they knew they would play regardless of performance. Even Joe Lewis has real competition now. 

Viable options on the bench as well, not just bring on Jenks with 10 minutes left every week.

54 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

If this guy is any good, could it mean he displaces McCrorie..........who in turn displaces Richardson at right back??

Or displaces ramadani. 

welcome to the club hope your a star in the making another Maddison or christie type player would be nice 

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

If Jurgen the German recalled the lad from his Blackburn loan because he wasn't seeing any game time, you'd have to assume that the agreement between us and Liverpool is that he gets as much game time here as is possible, or else the same scenario repeats itself. Which leaves Barron where exactly? And Roberts?

How long does he have on his contract? Is he highly regarded by Liverpool and in their long term thinking? Or do we have an option to make it permamnant, at the end of the deal?

Scattergun approach from AFC this summer, is my assertion of our dealings. We've gone from an all UK and Ireland policy, to an all over 30s stratagee, to a no Jock, multi winger and midfield FIFA Manager game, blocking the progress of our most promising youngsters in the prawcess.

I'm away for a lie down before this afternoon's excitement.

A good contribution.Homegrown players like Ryan Duncan have little chance of a game now.  Richard Gordon mentioning in his 'P and J' column that it is entirely possible we could take the field soon with no Scottish players in the starting eleven.

24 minutes ago, graham said:

A good contribution.Homegrown players like Ryan Duncan have little chance of a game now.  Richard Gordon mentioning in his 'P and J' column that it is entirely possible we could take the field soon with no Scottish players in the starting eleven.

We had loads of Scottish players consistently in the starting 11 last season (Gallagher, Ramsay, Bates, MacKenzie, Brown, Ferguson, McCrorie, Barron etc) it didn't really do us much good though. We have just sold two for £7m+ part of the club's strategy is there will be opportunities for the best players from the academy to break through providing they are good enough. 

If this season's team is far better than what we had to endure last year then where the players come from won't truly bother anyone. As I said the path is there for our best young players we have seen that in recent seasons but they have to prove they are good enough and I'd say right now (with the exception of Barron) we haven't got one quite ready to play in our first XI week in week out yet. We're not going to produce a Calvin Ramsay every single year. Someone like Ryan Duncan probably needs to go out on loan first. 

47 minutes ago, graham said:

Don’t really care as long as we have a successful team on the pitch.

• Upvote 1

What a talent and one of the best Don's debuts I've ever seen.  Clearly needs to play, but would have to break-up McCrorie and Ramadani partnership.... or do we push him further up? Dictated the play and thought his distribution from the double pivot was different class - think he has to play there...

6 hours ago, Shinniesta said:

Yet he has zero competition in central defence for both Stewart & Scales ? other than a young lad & players not in their natural position