Leighton Clarkson

7 hours ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

U-20 international, on a long term contract at Liverpool and at a good age - he should be pushing to make a name for himself now.

As someone said though, does this conflict with Connor Barron's starting place? The laddie seems to be a very similar type of player

After today, that's up to Barron. He's a fight on his hands to play now. That's good for Aberdeen. 

7 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

If Jurgen the German recalled the lad from his Blackburn loan because he wasn't seeing any game time, you'd have to assume that the agreement between us and Liverpool is that he gets as much game time here as is possible, or else the same scenario repeats itself. Which leaves Barron where exactly? And Roberts?

How long does he have on his contract? Is he highly regarded by Liverpool and in their long term thinking? Or do we have an option to make it permamnant, at the end of the deal?

Scattergun approach from AFC this summer, is my assertion of our dealings. We've gone from an all UK and Ireland policy, to an all over 30s stratagee, to a no Jock, multi winger and midfield FIFA Manager game, blocking the progress of our most promising youngsters in the prawcess.

I'm away for a lie down before this afternoon's excitement.

Zoomer

36 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

What a player. If he continues with performances like that he is going to have a far bigger impact than James Maddison had and better career.

Absolutely superb. 

Yip. No point putting this boy on the bench after today's performance he deserves to start the next game. 

18 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Aye, gave the player the eyes. The south stand loved that one.

As has been already said, no way he drops out of the side after that showing. 

I'm liking the current formation with only two midfielder and using an attacker in the advanced midfield '10' role.

It was probably a bit ambitious at Parkhead but i'd like to see us doing it the majority of the time. I wouldnt want to see us changing the tactics if the four centre mids are all available.

9 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

What a talent and one of the best Don's debuts I've ever seen.  Clearly needs to play, but would have to break-up McCrorie and Ramadani partnership.... or do we push him further up? Dictated the play and thought his distribution from the double pivot was different class - think he has to play there...

I'd like to see him given a role further up the field. Barron should be a starter when fit. Mcrorie might struggle to hold down a midfield spot 

18 hours ago, graham said:

A good contribution.Homegrown players like Ryan Duncan have little chance of a game now.  Richard Gordon mentioning in his 'P and J' column that it is entirely possible we could take the field soon with no Scottish players in the starting eleven.

Ryan Duncan is one for the future and it's already been stated, I think he'll go out on loan to a lower SPFL or championship side to gain experience, Then come back stronger next season. As for no scottish players, Couldn't care less as long as we are getting results

3 hours ago, beef_sister said:

Ryan Duncan is one for the future and it's already been stated, I think he'll go out on loan to a lower SPFL or championship side to gain experience, Then come back stronger next season. As for no scottish players, Couldn't care less as long as we are getting results

Is he, really I wish I was as well-informed about all things Aberdeen fc and Scottish football as you obviously are.