Leighton Clarkson

Good to have options. 

Whoever is in form starts. The other goes on the bench.  Simple. 

No one should be guaranteed a place. 

Likelihood is that there will always be a few players out at any time anyway. When is the last time we had a full squad to choose from? 

The concept of a fixed first choice eleven is a flawed one. Rarely are teams able to field the same starting eleven week after week in modern football. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Very promising debut. Especially when he looked to inject a bit of quicker tempo with his forward passing .....something we’ve been lacking for a while.

Probably already being marked out for some typical Motherwell treatment next week , so a Coulson-type injury is a distinct possibility.  We might get a free kick out of it if we’re lucky.

1 minute ago, fine-n-dandy said:

It was a fantastic goal undeniably but not going to get overly carried away on him yet as he played his whole game v 10 men St’s 

When he bangs in another few I’ll maybe get onboard lol

hes affy lightweight 

So are some of Celtic's players but their quality more than makes up for it hopefully it'll be the same with this lad he's already done more than the more established Longstaff did in his whole time here. I agree it's early days but technically he looks excellent. Be good to see him and Barron in the same side. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Shinniesta said:

So are some of Celtic's players but their quality more than makes up for it hopefully it'll be the same with this lad he's already done more than the more established Longstaff did in his whole time here. I agree it's early days but technically he looks excellent. Be good to see him and Barron in the same side. 

True but they wear ‘protective colours’ ?

Vinny & Clrakson will be unprotected by comparison.

Hopefully the Liverpool tag will maybe help protect Clarkson a lil though. They don’t want the might of Liverpool & EFA seeing one of theirs getting the same treatment others get ?

On 8/6/2022 at 11:15 AM, sooth_stander said:

If Jurgen the German recalled the lad from his Blackburn loan because he wasn't seeing any game time, you'd have to assume that the agreement between us and Liverpool is that he gets as much game time here as is possible, or else the same scenario repeats itself. Which leaves Barron where exactly? And Roberts?

How long does he have on his contract? Is he highly regarded by Liverpool and in their long term thinking? Or do we have an option to make it permamnant, at the end of the deal?

Scattergun approach from AFC this summer, is my assertion of our dealings. We've gone from an all UK and Ireland policy, to an all over 30s stratagee, to a no Jock, multi winger and midfield FIFA Manager game, blocking the progress of our most promising youngsters in the prawcess.

I'm away for a lie down before this afternoon's excitement.

I really don’t know how you get a free pass on here. Post after post of either absolute drivel or stating the obvious. 

This one tops the lot

14 hours ago, pocrawred said:

Was it nae thon arse thomson at hibs that fucked up Fyvue?

I think Fyvie's problems started with a broken ankle (?) on the concrete carpet at Hamilton, then that thug Lasley did him again in a cup game at Motherwell. The one you're thinking about at Easter Road was Iain Murray. He didn't have much luck around that time did young Fraser. 

As to Clarkson...superb debut taking into account his age, and the facts that he only travelled up to Aberdeen hours before the game and knew nobody's name that he was playing alongside. His touch, movement and awareness were excellent, and I think someone said it earlier, he reminded me of James Maddison. If he keeps up that level of play then Barron will find it hard to get back into the team.

The Motherwell game will be an interesting test for him (and the whole side). Ignore the fact that they've been brutally pish in every game they've played....they'll be up for this one and they're well aware that they had us over a barrel last season with their horrific brand of fitba. 

Expect utter shitehousery and the midfield to be swamped. I'm looking forward to seeing how Clarkson....and the whole side.....cope with Motherwell's deliberate fouling patterns and their desperation to stop us playing football from the first whistle. 

11 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

I think Fyvie's problems started with a broken ankle (?) on the concrete carpet at Hamilton, then that thug Lasley did him again in a cup game at Motherwell. The one you're thinking about at Easter Road was Iain Murray. He didn't have much luck around that time did young Fraser. 

As to Clarkson...superb debut taking into account his age, and the facts that he only travelled up to Aberdeen hours before the game and knew nobody's name that he was playing alongside. His touch, movement and awareness were excellent, and I think someone said it earlier, he reminded me of James Maddison. If he keeps up that level of play then Barron will find it hard to get back into the team.

The Motherwell game will be an interesting test for him (and the whole side). Ignore the fact that they've been brutally pish in every game they've played....they'll be up for this one and they're well aware that they had us over a barrel last season with their horrific brand of fitba. 

Expect utter shitehousery and the midfield to be swamped. I'm looking forward to seeing how Clarkson....and the whole side.....cope with Motherwell's deliberate fouling patterns and their desperation to stop us playing football from the first whistle. 

Fyvies bad injury was away in the cup to Alloa was it not ? Allegedly not wearing the right boots for s synthetic surface.

I was there it was absolutely pishing down 

27 minutes ago, Kilgore Trout said:

Fyvies bad injury was away in the cup to Alloa was it not ? Allegedly not wearing the right boots for s synthetic surface.

I was there it was absolutely pishing down 

Yup he had started well and was chasing and harassing an Alloa midfielder 

2 hours ago, Schapenneuker said:

Easy way to get Barron into the team is mccrorie or ramadani sitting Barron and clarckson in front doing the silky stuff 

On 8/7/2022 at 3:01 PM, aberdeen1970 said:

Good to have options. 

Whoever is in form starts. The other goes on the bench.  Simple. 

No one should be guaranteed a place. 

Likelihood is that there will always be a few players out at any time anyway. When is the last time we had a full squad to choose from? 

The concept of a fixed first choice eleven is a flawed one. Rarely are teams able to field the same starting eleven week after week in modern football. 

Lets see how full a squad we have after Saturday, With a typical Motherwell and the usual pish refereeing I can see us being less concerned with who plays where 

56 minutes ago, Dandyesque said:

Fabulous contribution 

Thanks I appreciate it plenty more where that came from.

The same poster I was replying to for his ludicrous pre match rant about signing Clarkson then treated us to a long post in a different thread post match that we should be building our team around him .

So what was your point exactly?