Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Substitute Rule

14 minutes ago, mike1234 said:

Has the rule been changed back to 3 subs from 5?

I noticed that Roberts wasn’t replaced today after he went off injured, and not hard anything about a change. Anyone confirm?

We had already used the 3 opportunities to make subs.
You can still sub 5 players max, we did 4 today.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

Said on the match thread that Goodwin fucked it by not just doing a treble change for Roberts/Duk/Ramirez and use 1 stoppage window instead of 2 over 8 minutes. Hopefully he learns from it. Not ideal using one for the injury in the first half mind you. 

We'll be didn't really fuck it cause Roberts came off the bench, so if he'd used the 3 subs prior to Roberts' injury it wouldn't have worked anyway, cause he wouldn't have been getting subbed. 

Coulson getting minced in the first half by that pale chimpanzee is what fucked it. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, CCB III said:

We'll be didn't really fuck it cause Roberts came off the bench, so if he'd used the 3 subs prior to Roberts' injury it wouldn't have worked anyway, cause he wouldn't have been getting subbed. 

Coulson getting minced in the first half by that pale chimpanzee is what fucked it. 

We had 1 sub left...and used the 3 sub stoppage windows. If he had done a treble change as I said he would have been able to take the injured player off with the 3rd stoppage and final substitution. Like I said it's fine he got away with it today but need to be smarter. If we are 1-0 up against hearts and same thing happens, we go down to 10 and they equalise everyone would be going mental. Learn before it happens.

3 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

We had 1 sub left...and used the 3 sub stoppage windows. If he had done a treble change as I said he would have been able to take the injured player off with the 3rd stoppage and final substitution. Like I said it's fine he got away with it today but need to be smarter. If we are 1-0 up against hearts and same thing happens, we go down to 10 and they equalise everyone would be going mental. Learn before it happens.

How does he need to be smarter?

Roberts got injured on 80 mins I think, he wouldn't have been one of the 3 subbed. 

Or are you suggesting he hold on to it past a certain point? 

3 minutes ago, CCB III said:

How does he need to be smarter?

Roberts got injured on 80 mins I think, he wouldn't have been one of the 3 subbed. 

Or are you suggesting he hold on to it past a certain point? 

Why do you keep mentioning Roberts(specifics)/the fact he was brought off the bench then got injured? Irrelevant to my point. 

Doesn't matter if it was a starter or sub that has got injured. My point is Goodwin brought on 3 players with his last 2 windows 8 mins apart. I'm suggesting keep a window for an injury, particularly when you were planning on bringing on 3 players, and ending up wasting the 2 windows doing so. Bring all 3 on at once and this is solved. 

4 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Why do you keep mentioning Roberts(specifics)/the fact he was brought off the bench then got injured? Irrelevant to my point. 

Doesn't matter if it was a starter or sub that has got injured. My point is Goodwin brought on 3 players with his last 2 windows 8 mins apart. I'm suggesting keep a window for an injury, particularly when you were planning on bringing on 3 players, and ending up wasting the 2 windows doing so. Bring all 3 on at once and this is solved. 

Ok, I agree with that. 

22 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

Said on the match thread that Goodwin fucked it by not just doing a treble change for Roberts/Duk/Ramirez and use 1 stoppage window instead of 2 over 8 minutes. Hopefully he learns from it. Not ideal using one for the injury in the first half mind you. 

Aye - hold on till Goodwin consults his crystal ball prior to the substitutions just in case it predicts an unforeseen injury!

?

• Haha 1