Aberdeen 2 - 3 Motherwell

3 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Yeah I expect inconsistency, like we might hump St Mirren and draw at home to Motherwell. 

Not that we might hump St Mirren and then be absolutely outplayed by Motherwell next week. 

So many things wrong today.

Gonna get slagged for this but gonna go on a limb here and say the boy Morris is too raw to play as many minutes as he did. Surely someone like Duncan or Watkins preferable. 

Not to say he'll never be good, but the hour he played today no way does he look ready either. 

He’s shite. Signed from a tinpot club who’s fans didn’t rate him so it’s hardly a surprise.

Richardson, Stewart, Roos, Roberts etc not up to scratch either. Time we stopped shopping in the over priced guff lower leagues 

• Upvote 1

we didnt know today how to get the ball out of the back 4

Midfield did not work at all today and we had no width - we still cant play against a team with two bank of 4, we dont know how to play through two lines

Guy behind me was like a cracked record but was so right "second ball" hardly won any and if you dont win 2nd balls you lose the midfield we didnt win 2nd balls we lost midfield 

5 minutes ago, Dundeedon said:

We'll be inconsistent along with Hibs and Dundee United. That's what happens when you sign a raft of new players. Is what it is. 

We signed a raft of new players last summer. And were very consistent....

......Consistently shite 

The way I'm feeling right now I'll take inconsistent. As WW said earlier we will score more than we did last season. But it looks very much like we'll ship at least as many as last season also. 

10 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Noticed that. Huge guy but loves his line. 

Embarrassment today, don't know they'll get an easier 3 goals at an away venue all season.

We went 2-1 up (luckily),  but minutes later because that fucking fairy is scared to come for crosses, we’re pegged back to 2-2 & lose any momentum.

I had worries about him having seen him play for Derby, & in every game (even the League Cup) he’s shown he’s susceptible to cross balls.

I’d get Lewis back in next week. He won’t be. 

6 minutes ago, minijc said:

Shite performance, complete off day for every player which thankfully won't happen often, good to see the usual kneejerk reactions though with several players already written off despite a few of them not having full pre seasons with the squad, a couple only having a handful of training sessions as well, mental.

Aye, fair comment.

There will be ups & downs with a new squad.

Today was a complete shambles though.

So annoying to go 2-1 up & get momentum, only to gift them a goal due to a dodgy keeper.  We’ll not see much improvement defensively with him in goals unfortunately, as cross balls are bread & butter in Scottish football & Roos is clearly rooted to his line every week. 

Today was collective shite though, not just the keeper. 

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

We went 2-1 up (luckily),  but minutes later because that fucking fairy is scared to come for crosses, we’re pegged back to 2-2 & lose any momentum.

I had worries about him having seen him play for Derby, & in every game (even the League Cup) he’s shown he’s susceptible to cross balls.

I’d get Lewis back in next week. He won’t be. 

I think he's a good shot stopper and generally competent but yeah, needs to come and command from set pieces. 

RMC lost his man, no?

27 minutes ago, NEM said:

Is it though? Littered with league 2, reserve and non league shite 

Abody raving about Clarkson last week saying Barron would struggle to get back in the team. Lol did he touch the ball today?

Yes, if you go too far in that direction, it is difficult to see the standard being raised as the limitations eventually become all too evident. It was a trap that McInnes fell into too often as well. At least Goodwin had a good clearout, and it was not difficult to improve on that. After today, the jury is still out on whether things will be consistently better.

Not sure how to pick the bones out of that performance. 

Dreadful defending,  terrible passing and too many players at the top end of the pitch who don't want to help out defensively and were happy to stand and watch as Motherwell broke in numbers. 

Need a couple more footballers in the team.  We've got the balance of raw headless chickens and proper footballers skewed at the moment. 

Right side defensively is a the biggest concern.  Motherwell doubled up that side all day,  with ease.  Got worse when Morris and Richardson were both on that side. 

Second half was fucking mental stuff. 

• Upvote 1
39 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Motherwell should have had 5 at a minimum today. That they didn't was down to a bit of good fortune on our part and some piss poor finishing. 

This was a side that couldn't score one goal, home or away, against Sligo fucking Rovers. And they've lost a couple of players to injury since then (as well as their manager)

Goodwin has a lot of work to do this week coming to try to sort out this shambles of a defence. 

Goodwin is big part of the problem 

• Upvote 3

Set pieces are worrying, I don’t expect this brand new team to be firing on all cylinders straight away but seemed to get bullied very easily. 

expect some inconsistency and didn’t expect us to win every game but today was worrying how easily bullied we seemed and to be honest I was really worried how easily Ramadani’s battle seemed to be lost today and I think we lost the game in the middle of the park. Hope we can sort that out

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I’d get Lewis back in next week. He won’t be

I suspect you are correct but I'd be amazed if Lewis isn't restored as first choice by mid-September at the latest. 

Was pretty bizarre what happened in summer. I get that Ipswich supposedly changed the goalposts and were suddenly looking for a fee for Hladky but if he really was our first choice, I'd much rather we had spent the £200k or so it would have taken to bring him in and if that meant a knock on effect on the budget that meant  we couldn't sign Morris last up then so be it. Instead we've brought in a 'keeper on a free transfer that to date looks inferior to Joe in every department...and I include his distribution off the deck in that.

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, scottymc said:

Scales and Stewart at centre half. Just fickin leave it like that. Don’t keep changing it. Let them build a partnership. 

The McRorie experiment at the back needs to end. It's just become a hindrance.

Put Hayes at LB. Vinny on the wing (he's too weak to play in the middle)

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, RAZOR said:

The McRorie experiment at the back needs to end. It's just become a hindrance.

Put Hayes at LB. Vinny on the wing (he's too weak to play in the middle)

Aye,  we need Scales in the middle. 

I suggested we should keep him at left back for this game but I was wrong.  He needs to play at centre back every week. 

15 minutes ago, McPhee123 said:

Remarkable how an almost brand new squad can perform as similarly as the one that preceded it!

Other teams have learned to adopt a blocking, pressing game against us, and because of our cumbersome  methodical buildup, it gets bogged down half way. McInnes and Goodwin must work from the same training manuals.

1 minute ago, zeroisgod76 said:

What makes you think it won’t happen often? It happened often enough last season.

That's because Glass didn't learn from his mistakes and by the time Goodwin came around confidence was shot and there was a poison in the team (as well as a grass) things are different now and I'm certain that today was just a blip.

36 minutes ago, minijc said:

Shite performance, complete off day for every player which thankfully won't happen often, good to see the usual kneejerk reactions though with several players already written off despite a few of them not having full pre seasons with the squad, a couple only having a handful of training sessions as well, mental.

Excuses excuses 

They’re shite

Only Vinnie is decent