Aberdeen 2 - 3 Motherwell

14 minutes ago, Millertime said:

I'm the first to admit I'm not a tactical genius, but re goodwins comments below, I don't think that's what they did at all?

They came at us and we crumbled, surely

Most teams will come here and be compact, try to deny us space and hit on the break. We made too many mistakes, we didn’t move the ball quick enough, we played into their hands and we have to make sure it doesn’t happen again.”

19 attempts on goal.

6 on target.

More than we had.

He’s havering.

His post match comments were based on a pre-match assumption that’s how Motherwell would play (which they might’ve done under their previous manager).

Motherwell (as shite as they are) were the better team & deserved their win.

Today’s performance was a bottom 3 performance and got what it deserved. 

With hindsight, I think Jim Goodwin made a mistake with his team selection. McCrorie should’ve been in midfield with Ramadani & Clarkson. 
4-3-3.  
MacKenzie for Kennedy effectively 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

19 attempts on goal.

6 on target.

More than we had.

He’s havering.

His post match comments were based on a pre-match assumption that’s how Motherwell would play (which they might’ve done under their previous manager).

Motherwell (as shite as they are) were the better team & deserved their win.

Today’s performance was a bottom 3 performance and got what it deserved. 

With hindsight, I think Jim Goodwin made a mistake with his team selection. McCrorie should’ve been in midfield with Ramadani & Clarkson. 
4-3-3.  
MacKenzie for Kennedy effectively 

yep , we looked better with McCrorie in the middle , should have started MacKenzie as you say 

32 minutes ago, Millertime said:

He is a good defender

Awful, awful footballer 

30 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Stewart is a stopper, nothing more, ask him to build the play and we are fucked

There were quite a few times where he failed to clear the ball, tackled and the ball ricocheted behind him, or he was just beaten.

And that's saying nothing about cheaply possession - because he wasn't the only one.

28 minutes ago, Millertime said:

I'm the first to admit I'm not a tactical genius, but re goodwins comments below, I don't think that's what they did at all?

They came at us and we crumbled, surely

Most teams will come here and be compact, try to deny us space and hit on the break. We made too many mistakes, we didn’t move the ball quick enough, we played into their hands and we have to make sure it doesn’t happen again.”

I am no master tactician either, but I can kind of see what he is saying. They were compact and organised when we had the ball. We fucked around at the back with it and gave them time to close down all the spaces. When they attacked we were a mess. 

I think we did play in to their hands, and if we don't move the ball quicker and are more use of the pace in the team then we will struggle against any side with an ounce of organisation. 

We are not good enough to keep the ball and probe for openings like a Man City etc. We need to be quick in transition and we are not, we get stuck with our defensive players passing the ball about till they get caught in possession. 

This could be an exciting team to watch, but we need more urgency 

44 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

Not read the thread yet, so don't know what others are saying. 

Stewart isn't a good defender. Persuade me otherwise.

Ramadani was very poor today.

McCrorie was our best player.

McCrorie was to blame for 2 goals I thought.

Really poor marking.

Just in. Goodwin clearly hasn't reviewed the Glass book of not learning from mistakes by playing McRoarie as a left sided defender, with the predictable result. All were pretty poor today but our left side was negated by his lack of a left foot to give it to Scales. We were in the boozer comparing being high as kites last week to down as fuck tonight.

8 minutes ago, JojoJuan said:

I think we did play in to their hands, and if we don't move the ball quicker and are more use of the pace in the team then we will struggle against any side with an ounce of organisation. 

This could be an exciting team to watch, but we need more urgency 

Our passing in the first 20 minutes especially, was absolutely fucking shocking. Meant we could get no momentum at all into our play. 

The very first time that (I think) Richardson got the ball, he tried a cross field pass to Hayes that went 15 yards behind him and out of play for a throw in to Motherwell. Several times in the first 20 minutes, we misplaced simple 3 or 4 yard passes. 

We looked like a side that had never met each other before. Utterly lightweight in midfield and panicked in defence, with a striker playing 30 yards away from the nearest player in a red shirt. 

For me that was worse than the gubbing we got of them at Pittodrie last season. At least in that game we created chances and should have been 3 or 4 up before they scored.

Today we were just outplayed. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, zeroisgod76 said:

3 wins from 15 in the league, it’s not very good. 

To be fair last seasons mob were a write off, IMO he did well to gut those cunts out as well as he did. 1 win in 3 with the tinks as match 2 doesn't look so bad, but fuck me, today was worrying cos half the league are like Motherwell.

7 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

What on earth is Stewart doing in the first goal, zero urgency to get back and mark… as a centre half

Just watched the BBC highlights. Scales makes zero attempt to stop the cross coming in at the first goal. 
In the 2nd half, from my vantage point in the Merkie, I didn’t appreciate just how bad our defending was. Scales, McCrorie and particularly Stewart, dearie me

1 hour ago, Ramandu said:

Not read the thread yet, so don't know what others are saying. 

Stewart isn't a good defender. Persuade me otherwise.

Ramadani was very poor today.

McCrorie was our best player.

Apart from shipping two goals? Sober the fuck up ?

• Upvote 3
4 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Just watched the BBC highlights. Scales makes zero attempt to stop the cross coming in at the first goal. 
In the 2nd half, from my vantage point in the Merkie, I didn’t appreciate just how bad our defending was. Scales, McCrorie and particularly Stewart, dearie me

Brave man, seen enough earlier to have no desire to watch the "highlights" just hoping the team get familiar with them before next week 

Brewdog in town this weekend celebrating their AGM, massive event. Private jets from all over stacked at ABZ.  Meanwhile, at beach, the Famous turned over by a bunch of socially-housed minks, with zero history. How could this be? An utter travesty, beyond comprehension. I blame the recruitment process. On joining , never mind taking these newbies [and their entourage] around the Audi garages and private schools. Perhaps first they should be educated about the city and it’s business , the history, what the men of Aberdeen expect, their expectations. If you want to play for Aberdeen then losing is not allowed. A slim defeat to the filth, having tried fucking hard , is occasionally understood,  sometimes.  We are Aberdeen. A big rich city, with history. We do not lose to tower-block minks from scumville. Simple. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Guest milne_afc
2 minutes ago, Bett8 said:

Brewdog in town this weekend celebrating their AGM, massive event. Private jets from all over stacked at ABZ.  Meanwhile, at beach, the Famous turned over by a bunch of socially-housed minks, with zero history. How could this be? An utter travesty, beyond comprehension. I blame the recruitment process. On joining , never mind taking these newbies [and their entourage] around the Audi garages and private schools. Perhaps first they should be educated about the city and it’s business , the history, what the men of Aberdeen expect, their expectations. If you want to play for Aberdeen then losing is not allowed. A slim defeat to the filth, having tried fucking hard , is occasionally understood,  sometimes.  We are Aberdeen. A big rich city, with history. We do not lose to tower-block minks from scumville. Simple. 

Maybe Goodwin can build towards that? He talks well, I’m giving him a chance. This team will gel before it plays in the cup. Top 6 and respectability is all I ask

20 minutes ago, NEM said:

Apart from shipping two goals? Sober the fuck up ?

Watch the second goal again. Definitely not McCrorie's man, he was marking Van Veen. Slattery was free from the moment the corner was taken, so I can only guess that Stewart should have been on him, as Stewart was nowhere near any Motherwell player.

I'll give you the third goal though, that was poor.

Needed to get off to a strong, fuckin in to them start but that wasn't going to happen with the lightweight midfield. If MacKenzie was fit enough for the bench he should have started with McCrorie in midfield.

Stewart needs to stick to defending, Lewis needs to be back in goals, Vinnie too quiet today, thought Morris was promising for first appearance, hopefully Kennedy is knackered for a while now

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Maybe Goodwin can build towards that? He talks well, I’m giving him a chance. This team will gel before it plays in the cup. Top 6 and respectability is all I ask

I am giving him a chance too, but Motherwell, at home, again, bloody shambolic, and as the guy next to me in the Main aptly put it , “fuck this fuck pig shit”. 

Mindset issue at are club amongst players and staff

Average players who think they are star's and are only here for an easy life and decent wages 

A captain that cannot even pass to another player in a Red shirt 

New team but they need to get their fucking act together quickly and show some bite and get stuck in

Memo to Goodwin, win your home games FFS

14000 Reds at the game, high optimism in the sunshine simply blown away by players who simply don't give a shit

32 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

Watch the second goal again. Definitely not McCrorie's man, he was marking Van Veen. Slattery was free from the moment the corner was taken, so I can only guess that Stewart should have been on him, as Stewart was nowhere near any Motherwell player.

I'll give you the third goal though, that was poor.

M'well goalscorer came off the keeper to score. How is no one picking him up? 

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Scales tried but it was a very good cross in fairness.