Aberdeen 2 - 3 Motherwell

18 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Let's calm down for now.

Newly assembled team has a completely shite day at the office. 

Lessons can be addressed in training during week culminating in a decent victory against St Johnstone next weekend. 

Progress is going to take time but we will, ultimately, be consistently better than last session. 

That is likely to mean a top six, perhaps a top four finish.

That is the reality.

Sorting out the mess left by the late McInnes years / Glass year is going to take quite a bit of fan's patience and time. 

That's an interesting statement. 

McInnes left the club almost 18 months ago....with the team 4th in the league.... and we're somehow still sorting out 'his mess' ???

As far as I can tell, 3 players signed by McInnes started yesterday. McCrorie, Hayes and Kennedy. All 3 have started the season well and were deserving of their place. 

I don't want to re-hash the McInnes nonsense, and I agree that it was probably time to part ways, but does anyone actually believe that in such an utterly shite Premiership as last season we would have finished 10th under McInnes and flirted with relegation ? 

Of course we fucking wouldn't.  

The 'mess' is wholely due to Cormack and his ego. The appointment of Glass set the club back years, and the jury is still out on Goodwin. He talks a good game and the players he's brought in look on the whole to be decent. 

But he's got to walk the walk, and start winning games like yesterday. We can't have another season like last seasons....this is not a transitional period.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

McInnes left the club almost 18 months ago....with the team 4th in the league.... and we're somehow still sorting out 'his mess' ???

As far as I can tell, 3 players signed by McInnes started yesterday. McCrorie, Hayes and Kennedy. All 3 have started the season well and were deserving of their place. 

I don't want to re-hash the McInnes nonsense, and I agree that it was probably time to part ways, but does anyone actually believe that in such an utterly shite Premiership as last season we would have finished 10th under McInnes and flirted with relegation ? 

The 'mess' is wholely due to Cormack and his ego. The appointment of Glass set the club back years, and the jury is still out on Goodwin. He talks a good game and the players he's brought in look on the whole to be decent. 

But he's got to walk the walk, and start winning games like yesterday. We can't have another season like last seasons....this is not a transitional period.

Undoubtedly Cormack fucked us with the Glass experiment. 

But there will be a lot of fans who will say this is also transitional because it's essentially a whole new team. I do think we'll be better than last season. We are scoring goals and the goals we conceded yesterday were individual errors mostly. Not sticking up for them in the slightest because pro footballers should be capable of not making those kinds of mistakes but yesterday showed exactly what we are still missing from this squad. We need more Miovski's and Ramadani's than another Richardson. I struggle to think that for the £300k we spent on Richardson we couldn't have found a player abroad that was better and wouldn't have cost more. 

Seems to me like Cormack splashed out on Miovski and Ramadani and now we've just filled the squad with lower league dross but because we signed 2 internationals from Eastern Europe he has all of a sudden heavily backed his manager. Hopefully this week the transfer rumours pick up again because we should be nowhere near finished. 

17 hours ago, Gilwern said:

The punditry of Connor Barron isn't on par with Jack Mackenzie's blistering debut last week.

Barron talks as if his mouth is overloaded wi' dazzies.

With some woeful haverings chucked in.

Mackenzie analysis was pretty intolerable.

Loaded with dumbed-down guffy / sky / modern football cliches and overbearing banality.

Not a great advert for the youth of today.

A society hurtling towards Idiocracy.

17 hours ago, Millertime said:

Ah, you're thinking it's similar to us slagging ramirez?

It's nothing like ramirez,  as mugabe would have caught up with him for a start!

For sure.
Don't think I've seen Ramirez run with a ball at his feet for even a quarter of that distance.

16 hours ago, HaarDon said:

Mccrories defending is shite!!

Thats 2 goals he's given away.

Is that the 2nd and 3rd ones?
He also arguably left a gaping hole for the first, ambling back apparently unconcerned about the possibility of a cross heading into an open space about to be seized upon by the Mwell attacker.
Obvs compounded by Richardson rolling  about on his arse as the cross came in.

15 hours ago, slippers said:

Absolutely disgraceful. Look forward to hearing the excuses tonight. 

Bit of a weird thing to be "looking forward" to.

Apart from that, I did watch it, and looked like he was feeling the heat a bit.

Did a fair bit of deflection and the odd excuse thrown in for good measure.

15 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Roos is a fucking liability. He clearly can’t or won’t come for crosses.  

This is really worrying.

Some fucker appears to have nail gunned his boots to the goal line.

For all the balls that cam across him, for all the corners put in aligned with the 6 yard box, he didn't come for a single one.

Not to my recollection. Glad to be advised otherwise.

Decent shot stopper, but holy fuck. An amateur team could capitalise on such a defensive flaw without much effort.

15 hours ago, pocrawred said:

Izzit fuck. Get the drink doon yih....Im on it noo.

It's the only way.

Had a pool party last night, intention to head there at full time.

Almost thought about not going due to the mental demoralisation of my poor napper directly caused by that performance.

Thankfully was a fleeting though, ended up blootered, reggae/ska disco which was commendable.

Woke up this morning 7am, heed like a brothpot, okay, let's see reaction on the Hat.

Beer was unavoidable prior to logging in. All good now. ??

9 hours ago, Dave Bus said:

Anyone else just think Goodwin talks a load of pish? 

As alluded to further up.

Saw real signs of this in the post match interview. FFS.

• Upvote 1
46 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

It really looks like the best we can hope for is to get back to the level we were at. I don’t mean the higher end 70+ points McInnes had us at, where he had us in 4th now looks like an ambition. 

Considering how much we’ve since spent, and money lost out on due to performance and attendance, no doubt we’d be in a better place as a club having not changed manager. Just the experts on social media having a full on meltdown every time we weren’t winning at half time or losing to Celtic. 

in the cold light of day - it was a defenseve shambles and there are hopefully some home truths dawning inside Pittodrie - whilst he may be better with the ball at his feet a keeper who cannot come for crosses is useless - play Joe and don't play out from the back - it worked for the last 100 years of football and we have never been Mab City anyway. Richardson is not a right back - he's a sprinter - maybe a long jumper but not really a defensive footballer - might be a place for McCrorie. Need a new central defender who can command a first team place because he's actually quite good - that would make a big difference - Clarkson is not a defensive midfielder - don't play him there. I'd still prefer a keeper who can play with the ball at his feet and didn't have confidence issues yet was able to catch a cross in the six hard box but I suspect that boat has sailed.

Okay, don't often do this, but I think yesterday's capitulation requires some sort of player by player analysis, and slightly pished with fuck all else to do so...

Roos - A concerning performance. Good shot stopper, but struggling to recall any keeper we have had being worse at "commanding his box". Frightening at times.

Richardson -  Like a rabbit in the headlights at times, though some good burst down the wing, and a nice assist ghosting in behind for Hayes goal.

Stewart - His passing. FFS min. Needs to keep it simple, short passes to Ramadani, Clarkson. That befuddlement in 2nd half with inability to control the ball gifting them a chance. Mi heed.

McCrorie - Not the best of days for him. A hand in all goals conceded. That one for the third goal with ball squirting through his legs. Obviously eyes off the ball. Get him out of defence. Either play a LB or sign a fucking CB Jim.

Scales - A tale of 2 crosses. WTF appaering happy enough to not even attempt to block the cross for their first goal, then a beauty of a cross for Bojans goal. As above, play him in his correct position tho' whaever it takes to allow this, rather than fucking shuffling every cunt around as soon as one player from the starting XI is unavailable.

Ramadani - A poor game. Looked uneasy at times when under pressure, which is what we sort of thought he was good at.

Clarkson - A spectator. Game passed him by. Overhype of the last week probably didn't help.

Hayes -  Ran aboot like a hard working wee ginger should. Mostly poor, but nice finish, at the 2nd attempt.

Besuijen - Anonymous

Kennedy - Pish free kick, predictable as fuck, so embarrassed by it, he feigned injury to get aff the park.

Miovski - Cracking heeder, rather fluffed his effort early on when through on goal like. Works hard.

Subs:

Morris - Was sceptical about his end product capability, but did put in a couple of very good crosses. Fast, but will probably end up being pish. Hopefully not.

Mackenzie - Did get up the wing on occasion, fired over one decent cross that some useless fuck ballooned over the bar. Horrendous brain fart near the end, heading it straight to an opposition player when our goal was unguarded. Ended any chance of a final opportunity to equalise (not that we would have). Pish.

Duk - Fast. Strong. Pish.

1 hour ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Let's calm down for now.

Newly assembled team has a completely shite day at the office. 

Lessons can be addressed in training during week culminating in a decent victory against St Johnstone next weekend. 

Progress is going to take time but we will, ultimately, be consistently better than last session. 

That is likely to mean a top six, perhaps a top four finish.

That is the reality.

Sorting out the mess left by the late McInnes years / Glass year is going to take quite a bit of fan's patience and time. 

Bang on. Said this weeks ago. We won’t just romp to 3rd cause we’ve spent a bit of money. 

14 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Bang on. Said this weeks ago. We won’t just romp to 3rd cause we’ve spent a bit of money. 

We could if we spend the money well.

Time will tell whether we have or not. 

The jury is out on a few but they need time.  

One wee example which worries me. 
I’m not a football scout, but I could’ve told you Kelle Roos was horrendous with cross balls & was nailed to his line having watched him on TV for Derby a few times.
What does our scouting team & Head of Recruitment not see?

I said last night that we’ll score a few more & ship the same amount as last season.

Where that takes us, who knows? 

Top 6 probably, but not sure how high. 

Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

We could if we spend the money well.

Time will tell whether we have or not. 

The jury is out on a few but they need time.  

One wee example which worries me. 
I’m not a football scout, but I could’ve told you Kelle Roos was horrendous with cross balls & was nailed to his line having watched him on TV for Derby a few times.
What does our scouting team & Head of Recruitment not see?

I said last night that we’ll score a few more & ship the same amount as last season.

Where that takes us, who knows? 

Top 6 probably, but not sure how high. 

Yeah we could but chances are we will have to take our time sorting out the shambles left by McInnes/Glass. Is what it is.

5 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Yeah we could but chances are we will have to take our time sorting out the shambles left by McInnes/Glass. Is what it is.

Let’s hope Jim Goodwin is up to it as well. 

He needs time to get the team gelled & organised too, but the jury is also out on him.

We’ll know more by the time the league breaks up for this international farce in November. 

• Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

We might not romp to third but we should be close to it.

Too many of them (repeating myself) are project players. Fine for the squad with a view to integrating them, but guys like Richardson, Morris, Duk etc can't be playing big parts, same for Polvara. 

Yesterday was a farce. 

3 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

The way people were talking during the week about Clarkson was ridiculous, you’d think he was the second coming of xavi/Pirlo from some of the comments. Need to stop getting carried away with some players

Nah, he is and will be quality, great progressive passer.

Yesterday the midfield was hung out to dry a bitty. 

15 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Yes and what we have to learn is Callum Davidson sees that and thinks oh aye, I’ll have some of that.  Carry on practising the cross balls ana lads, deeper the better. 

Scottish football is a tiny goldfish bowl.  Once a weakness is identified everyone immediately starts attacking that same weakness. Unless you sort it. 

St Johnstone will be doubling up on our right side all the time. 

1 hour ago, CCB III said:

Too many of them (repeating myself) are project players. Fine for the squad with a view to integrating them, but guys like Richardson, Morris, Duk etc can't be playing big parts, same for Polvara. 

Yesterday was a farce. 

I agree with pretty much all of this above. I can see DelMontes opinion too but at same time I feel like when we have spent the money we have you have to have expectations to not get battered by teams like Motherwell at home. DelMonte was 1 that had very negative views towards of my suggestion we should be winning 6 in a row. If we are to live up to expectations I believe we should be beating those teams, thats fine to disagree, its even fine to lose yesterday in a certain manner but yesterday fell short in so many aspects.  Now if it transpires that Motherwell was a blip and we learned alot that day thats fine but if its more of the same next week we could be in for a battle to even make the top 6. I dont think thats really acceptable given our budget. The team has played 6 competitive games now, we should really be getting into the grove. As I've previously said I didn't think Goodwin covered himself in glory last season but im going to give him a chance and the same goes for the players. We have to do better next week though. Alot better.

58 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Yesterday was a farce. 

We could still end up close to it. I think top 4 then we can have no complaints after last season.

We lost a game yesterday with bad defending, worryingly it was a Glass performance and is slowly turning into a performance that could be labelled a Goodwin one.

If this is still happening in March I’ll be worried but I’m willing to give time considering the shite hand he’s been left.

2 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

We could still end up close to it. I think top 4 then we can have no complaints after last season.

We lost a game yesterday with bad defending, worryingly it was a Glass performance and is slowly turning into a performance that could be labelled a Goodwin one.

If this is still happening in March I’ll be worried but I’m willing to give time considering the shite hand he’s been left.

Fair play for your patience, If its still like that in November I will be very worried. 

So these wee drum beating stone island wearing minks are pissing themselves at yer another bottle crashing Aberdeen team.

We are to Motherwell what Hibs are to Hearts. 
Used to be St Johnstone that had our number/bogey team but Well have taken that title for sure now. 
St’s will want it back next week

11 hours ago, Ke1t said:

The team needs work, clearly, but this was a complete rebuild.

We have time to find cohesion as a team, but today we were outclassed in every department. 

In the past we've been bullied and beaten by lesser teams, but the worrying thing was that Motherwell was the better team. 

It wasnt a case of them making up for their inferiority by pushing their weight around... they were better than us.

Plenty time to fix it, but lots of work needed to do so.

Motherwell have been better than us for a couple of years. I may be wrong but I make it we've only won ONE of our last 9 meetings with Motherwell.

18 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

That’s a worrying trend. The two in midfield is so obviously exposed to teams who pack the middle of the park. We should do the same.

We can play 3 in midfield if we get the attacking midfielder we've been desperately needing for years.   And it needs to be one that's got a footballing brain,  nae another punt on an athlete with good numbers that we might be able to educate as a footballer. 

3 in the middle when out of possession and push the attacking midfielder forward to join the attack when we're in possession.   It's fucking basic stuff. Just get it done Aberdeen. 

11 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Yeah I'm not calling for his head but some of the management of players also has to be questioned. 

Chasing a goal yesterday and we've a guy proven at this level on the bench in Ramirez not even getting a sniff. 

Didn't change formation yesterday at all either, tactically not adaptable it seems, the way we were set up was perfect for them and they executed their game plan pretty much as they wanted. 

Bringing on McKenzie, Morris and Duk to change a game like so, without changing the formation was weird. There wasn't space for these guys to run into. 

He clearly wants Ramirez and Bates gone, but for me, there's still a part to play for them both. Bates not getting a look in at centre half means RMC has to play there and that impacts the midfield. 

They are both picking up good wages and it's a waste to not play them.