Aberdeen 2 - 3 Motherwell

On 8/9/2022 at 10:27 AM, JojoJuan said:

The results and performances against Motherwell last season were some of the most sickening.

Sick bag at the ready.

Click at ones peril.

A look back on Aberdeen's games with Motherwell last season ahead of Saturday's Premiership clash

https://www.aberdeenlive.news/sport/football/look-back-aberdeens-games-motherwell-7447556

1 hour ago, muttonhumper said:

Sick bag at the ready.

Click at ones peril.

A look back on Aberdeen's games with Motherwell last season ahead of Saturday's Premiership clash

https://www.aberdeenlive.news/sport/football/look-back-aberdeens-games-motherwell-7447556

I clicked, and it really does bring back some grim memories. Hope we play them off the park and van Veen gets sent off as mercy red card to end the humiliation at how bad he is playing 

7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Do folk think Kennedy is a regular starter now or do we expect the likes of Morris to replace him in due course? 

Or will we move Besuijen back to the right if/when we get the elusive attacking midfielder on board? 

I don't think he's done anything to justify losing "his" place, although considering the amount of players we have that can be shifted around I wouldn't be overly surprised to see him not play just so JG can try out other combinations.

23 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Do folk think Kennedy is a regular starter now or do we expect the likes of Morris to replace him in due course? 

Or will we move Besuijen back to the right if/when we get the elusive attacking midfielder on board? 

He’s “got the jersey” so he’ll be in until his level drops. 
I still don’t think he’s good enough but for now he deserves his place. 
He’s been helped by both Morris & Roberts being unfit.

He’s also helped by the 4-2-3-1 formation.

If we played 4-3-3 you’d probably think Besuijen & Hayes would be the two wide players.

EDIT - Roberts is out until mid October with a hamstring injury. 

Really can't make any judgement on Morris as I've never seen him play. My hunch is that for this season at least, he'll mainly be used off the bench. 

As 20two20 said, Kennedy has been consistently decent up till now and doesn't deserve to lose his place as yet. But I think I'd probably agree with aberdeen1970's suggestion that if/when we get this new attacking midfielder onboard that Besuijen will go back to the right......and it then becomes his responsibility to ensure he stays there. 

2 hours ago, 20two20 said:

Which is all he's had the opportunity to do.

He's not done anything to deserve losing his spot so why not give him the chance?

Eh? He's been here since Jan 2020 min. 

4 good games v lower league sides, awol v the tims (no shock), ok home v St Mirren. Thats aboot his lot in his time here.

Fingers crossed he eventually comes good but I have my doots.