Getting a cunting from Cormack just now, statement o clock.

It has been great to see fans back at Pittodrie enjoying our victories over Dumbarton, Raith Rovers and St Mirren.

The backing from the majority of fans has been superb however we need help from our supporters when it comes to stopping the use of pyro and other unacceptable behaviour at matches.

The Club wants to make fans aware of the challenges faced at the St Mirren fixture last weekend and the impact this has had on Aberdeen FC.

At least 14 pyros were discharged at the game – some of these damaged the pitch and burnt surrounding Astro turf which will be costly to repair. More than 40 seats and frames were vandalised in the Red Shed at a cost of at least £1k to the Club.

In addition to this an object thrown at one of the away supporters’ buses caused significant damage and is being treated as a criminal act. More information can be found in the Police statement below.

For the past 10 years, St Mirren games have not required a Police presence. As a result of these issues, that is now under review and could change. With that comes yet further unnecessary cost for the Club.

We strongly advise that no balaclavas are worn whilst approaching or within the stadium – this will only attract attention, it unnerves other fans and it’s not an image we want to encourage.

A small, disruptive group is tarnishing the reputation of the Club, impacting the matchday experience for others and costing us a lot of money that could be better spent elsewhere.

We would urge our supporters who don’t cause these issues to help us deal with this and report any unacceptable behaviour before it escalates and our Red Shed license is taken away by the authorities.

Police Scotland Statement | Teenager charged following Aberdeen v St Mirren match

A 17-year-old male has been charged in connection with being in possession of a pyrotechnic within a football ground.

The incident occurred at Pittodrie Stadium during the Aberdeen v St Mirren match on Saturday, 6 August, 2022.

Other pyrotechnics were set alight during the match and in the surrounding area prior to kick-off and inquiries are ongoing to identify those responsible.

Officers are also carrying out enquiries into an incident in which a supporter’s bus was damaged prior to the game.

Sergeant Jon Spence, from North East Divisional Alcohol and Violence Reduction Unit, said: “Pyrotechnics are inherently dangerous and present a risk of serious injury to those who discharge them and those around them.

“I would ask fans to consider their own safety and wider public safety. We will deal robustly with anyone who chooses to use pyrotechnics illegally.

“Police Scotland will continue to work with Aberdeen Football Club to ensure that anyone involved in criminality in or around the ground will be dealt with appropriately.”

I don't see that there can be much complaint about this.

Bringing in flares is cunts work.

I'm not one of those defund the police idiots but they are costly and the fewer of them in and around grounds the better.

They put folk on edge - yes even innocent people. 

If chairs were damaged during a 4-1 win then supporters need to have a serious look in the mirror.

As for this grass line phone number, what's wrong with the world now where you can't ask someone sitting next to you to clam down if you're with your kids or moving to a different space provided yer on your own?

The stuff about the bus presumably happened outside of the stadium so I don't see what the club has to answer for here.

• Upvote 8
2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Paul Donald.

ACC

Police Scotland.

A collaboration of absolute cunts if ever there was.  
The club cannot be serious about wanting a decent atmosphere in Pittodrie with that pathetic embarrassment of a statement. 

Surely a decent atmosphere can be generated without wrecking seats and taking banned pyro into the ground. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

Don’t agree with pyro but that photo to complain actually looks good

the 9 yr old in me would be dying to get in he red shed. The 50 year old wouldn’t feel comfortable in a kid being in there   

have to say what do you expect behaviour to be like? I like it it’s an asset but can also understand why it’s a difficulty  - but if you want to complain about pyros that’s the wrong pic which looks ace

Red Shed sounded and looked great on Saturday. AFC have used plenty of photos of the pyro to highlight the atmosphere, unfortunately for the club the pyro actually looked good, seats are all crumbling apart anyway. 

feel like the club should try harder to support projects like this.

27 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Surely a decent atmosphere can be generated without wrecking seats and taking banned pyro into the ground. 

The seats are decrepit because Pittodrie is a shitehole, driven in to the ground by that masonic prick, Milne.

There’s fuck all wrong with pyro if it’s done right.

If stupid wee cunts lob them on to the park, deal with them. 

The club say they want an atmosphere, but led by that fun sponge Paul Donald, they are half arsed about it. 
I get that the club are under pressure from ACC & the police, but the statement was pathetic.

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The seats are decrepit because Pittodrie is a shitehole, driven in to the ground by that masonic prick, Milne.

There’s fuck all wrong with pyro if it’s done right.

If stupid wee cunts lob them on to the park, deal with them. 

The club say they want an atmosphere, but led by that fun sponge Paul Donald, they are half arsed about it. 
I get that the club are under pressure from ACC & the police, but the statement was pathetic.

Is it not Paul Hendry, the security bloke? Half cast kinda lad?