Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

They are in danger of ruining it every time it gets good. 

Same issues after last seasons first game back v Hacken. 

If you want a good atmosphere you have to accept some of this kinda stuff, happens at other clubs and they don't chastise their fan base like this. 

I get they'll be being prompted to say X Y and Z by council and police but asking fans to grass on eachother? Fuck off. 

Can't have your cake and eat it. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Do people genuinely think that seats are wrecked on purpose? I’ve seen umpteen seats break at the shithole.

A certain demographic do. 

And so fuck if they were? It's a standing area and the stadium is an open cesspit due to years of mismanagement anyway. 

Expecting fans to respect a thing the club hasn't respected for decades now. Fuck off with that as well IMO. 

• Upvote 1
Guest milne_afc
1 minute ago, CCB III said:

Expecting fans to respect a thing the club hasn't respected for decades now. Fuck off with that as well IMO. 

Good point CCB3

The old Dons website, in 2008, used to have a section called ‘Pittodrie No More’ which said the ground was a shithole* and no longer fit for purpose. Since then, it’s had a couple of coats of paint.

*paraphrasing 

20 minutes ago, CCB III said:

They are in danger of ruining it every time it gets good. 

Same issues after last seasons first game back v Hacken. 

If you want a good atmosphere you have to accept some of this kinda stuff, happens at other clubs and they don't chastise their fan base like this. 

I get they'll be being prompted to say X Y and Z by council and police but asking fans to grass on eachother? Fuck off. 

Can't have your cake and eat it. 

Thing that gets me, £1k of damage? Is that it?

How much is a good intimidating atmosphere worth? Except, they don’t seem to want the intimidating part. 

8 minutes ago, huncunts said:

How much is a good intimidating atmosphere worth? Except, they don’t seem to want the intimidating part. 

I think they do want the intimidation part, it’s just that they don’t want fans acting like absolute fucking arseholes at the same time. 

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, huncunts said:

Cormack will be fucking clueless about what constitutes a good atmosphere just like Wiggy was. Rednecks.

He’ll want it to be a nice, gentle day out for his pals and sponsors (and their wives) Noise and pyros would of had a few in the Main Stand tutting im sure. Cunts

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Good point CCB3

The old Dons website, in 2008, used to have a section called ‘Pittodrie No More’ which said the ground was a shithole* and no longer fit for purpose. Since then, it’s had a couple of coats of paint.

*paraphrasing 

I recently found a copy of a fanzine from 2001* which had a bit about pittodrie falling apart and the need for a new stadium.

*10 Men Went to Mow, anyone remember that?

6 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

I think they do want the intimidation part, it’s just that they don’t want fans acting like absolute fucking arseholes at the same time. 

If you want it rowdy you've got to accept a bit of such things. 

Obvs there's a breaking point but the club is hammering fans here and not cooperating. 

There's a conversation to be had. Their assertion that it's "ruining it" is nonsense, everyone fucking loved it last week, bar some dweebs on Twitter 

1 minute ago, CCB III said:

If you want it rowdy you've got to accept a bit of such things. 

Obvs there's a breaking point but the club is hammering fans here and not cooperating. 

There's a conversation to be had. Their assertion that it's "ruining it" is nonsense, everyone fucking loved it last week, bar some dweebs on Twitter 

What’s to love about the images of your own fans wrecking seats, wearing balaclavas, stoning buses and throwing pyros on the pitch?

That’s the picture that’s been painted.

Against St Mirren, who had what, a couple of hundred fans? ?

48 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Good point CCB3

*paraphrasing 

It's a point they conveniently ignore. 

They want an American style, placid, manufactured atmosphere with t shirt canons and hot dogs the size of your leg. 

Failing to realise their demographic for something like this is a bunch of frustrated young men, and hairy terrace apes as @cheesepipes coined a few weeks back. 

The club want all the good bits that aren't happening without some of the bad, refusing to converse openly with the fans as well. 

9 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Was there a major investigation into one of the Dons fans buses being bricked the other weekend?

Just as a matter of interest?

I don't condone stones/bricks through windows might I add.

Pyro, don't mind it.

Bricks through windows, arsed.

Wrecking seats, weird.

Balaclavas, laughable.

Red Shed is a great idea but stick to one topic at a time to iron out the creases. Attacking every aspect just won't work. 

It also conflates a separate incident outside the stadium where a group of folk have panned in a bus, and people setting off smoke bombs. Like it's the exact same people, like anyone who thinks the pyro is good means you enjoy the bus getting panned in as well. 

That's a carefully managed statement by our hun wretch of a PR person. 

27 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

What’s to love about the images of your own fans wrecking seats, wearing balaclavas, stoning buses and throwing pyros on the pitch?

That’s the picture that’s been painted.

Against St Mirren, who had what, a couple of hundred fans? ?

Who's saying you've to love every element of it? This is football culture, been this way for what? 50 years? 

I enjoy the pyro but wouldn't enjoy scrapping with strangers on a Saturday afternoon. 

St Mirren have a relatively notorious group of young men who fight, and we've obviously got our own. So fuck? 

Bus issue is outwith the stadium anyway. 

People are fed up being told to be placid, quiet and accept their lot. 

Pay for your overpriced pie, pay for your overpriced drink, you canna get a beer in the stadium, oh and also your ticket (other stands granted) is about £30. 

When people see the mental atmospheres in Europe, do they think they are being made by choir boys? 

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Who's saying you've to love every element of it? This is football culture, been this way for what? 50 years? 

I enjoy the pyro but wouldn't enjoy scrapping with strangers on a Saturday afternoon. 

St Mirren have a relatively notorious group of young men who fight, and we've obviously got our own. So fuck? 

Pay for your overpriced pie, pay for your overpriced drink, you canna get a beer in the stadium, oh and also your ticket (other stands granted) is about £30. 

When people see the mental atmospheres in Europe, do they think they are being made by choir boys? 

Choose life 

52 minutes ago, huncunts said:

Fuck knows what they want, some womens football Mexican wave type situation, perhaps. 

Pittodrie was so unenjoyable to go to, even when we were good. Last season, during our shittest campaign in ages, the terraces were the best they've been in years. 

Imagine a home game v St Mirren with the atmosphere like so a few years ago? Never would've happened. 

The Red Shed is a huge opportunity to take in fans for life, young guys with no particular affiliation to the club, maybe premier league fans, will love standing on the terraces singing and being a bit exuberant.  

The club should be backing the fans here. Not throwing them under the bus. Work with them, for real, not just lip service. 

16 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Its nothing more than a sideshow that gives clubs a bad name min.

Dinna get me wrong, i love a carry on at the game as much as any cunt, but some of that stuff that is going on there is just a joke. 

What mental atmospheres are you referring to?

Does it make the clubs you are referring to succesful or just look like a bunch of nutters/hooligans?