1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Correct

The club need to sort out the seats for sure, no doubt about it.  Folk paying £400 to sit in a shoogly seat all season is not on.

That's the wider point at play. 

£400 for your ticket 

£4.50 for your burnt, shit pie

£3.00 for your flat soft drinks  

No chance of boozing 

Heavy surveillance and scrutiny 

You must also make a corporately acceptable atmosphere. A kid might get scared of a few folk in balaclavas when for two years we all covered our fucking faces anyway. 

1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

The seat argument is bullshit. Why are people ignoring the fact that they break easily and it’s going to happen? 

Because they are miserable cunts who hate the idea of anything but tepid civility at the football. 

The bigger picture is being lost here in amongst these shitty little grievances. 

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I've nothing against the pyrotechnics,  personally,  but are they not banned from every ground in the country?  If so,  it feels a bit of a stretch to expect the club to do anything other than come out against them. 

Club could present a case for them, would at least show they are trying. 

6 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Seats should be able to take a good bit of weight. 

It's a standing section anyway, who cares? 

What's a couple broken seats to a good atmosphere and finally, finally an enjoyable day out at Pittodrie. 

You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs, chief. 

Aye see response to bb above 

Club need to fix the seats as well but both parties need to own it

4 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Because they are miserable cunts who hate the idea of anything but tepid civility at the football. 

The bigger picture is being lost here in amongst these shitty little grievances. 

The lads in the red shed did a good job last weekend. 

I'm not stopping them having their fun,  I'm on their side generally speaking and it's great to have a bit of noise and colour around the place these days,  especially after such a shit couple of years.  Power to them. 

I just think blaming the seats for breaking when you've been jumping on them is a wee bit of deflection,  that's all. 

I'm in total agreement that the club just want our money,  and more of it every year,  for minimum effort on their part when it comes to match day attendees. 

2 hours ago, YipYip1903 said:

So cause you are pissed off with the ticket price, pie price, drink price and someone over there have a mental atmosphere its alright to be a wee fanny.  Come to the game, sing your hearts out, have a bounce but if they don't want pyros then fair enough.  Chucking rocks at buses within a certain vicinity of the ground is still the clubs problem.  Might before you left school the other year, caught doing something totally retarded either before or after school?  That was the schools responsibility to give you shit.  Its exactly the same on a matchday.  Ask the clubs operations, they will let you know.  Fined for the pyros, fined for the bus incident and now have to pay whatever stupid price the cops demands to make it a police game.  Well done dickhead. 

I'm not saying it's alright to be a wee fanny, it's a stand of around what, 3000 at most? And let's say 14 people set off pyro, and around the same attacked a bus. That's a tiny portion of people who've misbehaved. You understand that such instances are common at clubs like St Mirren, Motherwell etc with their fan groups? You won't see them making a statement chucking fans under the bus because they understand the bigger picture. 

You can't have a mental atmosphere without the game cunts, it just doesn't happen. 

The pyro is here to stay, across the UK. Either the authorities that be accept that fact and find a way to make it safe, or they do their usual draconian, Victorian bullshit and heavily criminalise people for being well, people. 

The club can't praise the atmosphere then criticise people who try make it better. 

"you can't wear balaclavas or bring pyro" but some of their marketing includes the pyro, and they've painted guys in balaclavas in the actual red shed. 

They want Americanised crap. We should push back. 

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The lads in the red shed did a good job last weekend. 

I'm not stopping them having their fun,  I'm on their side generally speaking and it's great to have a bit of noise and colour around the place these days,  especially after such a shit couple of years.  Power to them. 

I just think blaming the seats for breaking when you've been jumping on them is a wee bit of deflection,  that's all. 

I'm in total agreement that the club just want our money,  and more of it every year,  for minimum effort on their part when it comes to match day attendees

Ultimately the only thing that matters in amongst the other shit. 

Releasing said statement has just made a target on their backs from the fans and the press. 

Work with the fans. Find solutions, don't vilify and chastise and speak down to them. 

33 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Works for me. 

In some ways the club are lucky that the young folks can be arsed coming and making an effort this year after last season. 

Product on the pitch is one thing, but the match day experience is the most important. 

Even if we're shit, which we will be at times, if the match day is good people will keep coming back. 

This just ensures they won't 

54 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Seats should be able to take a good bit of weight. 

It's a standing section anyway, who cares? 

What's a couple broken seats to a good atmosphere and finally, finally an enjoyable day out at Pittodrie. 

You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs, chief. 

I didn’t think pittodrie had any standing sections as it’s an all seater but if you do stand why would you stand on a seat and not let it fold up and stand on the ground 

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, thurso said:

I didn’t think pittodrie had any standing sections as it’s an all seater but if you do stand why would you stand on a seat and not let it fold up and stand on the ground 

I don't know, not saying it's a smart move, but it's fuck all in terms of the bigger picture. 

4 minutes ago, thurso said:

Aye,  this is the main point re the broken seat thing. 

If I use my kitchen knife as a screwdriver then I can't exactly blame the knife manufacturer if the tip of the blade snaps off. 

Anyway,  bigger fish to fry starting with getting 3 points against Motherwell tomorrow. 

3 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Bollocks... the stadium is decrepit and falling to bits but the seats don't 'break easily' unless your over 30 stone or jumping on them.

I’ve literally seen people fall clean through them who are about 10 stone soaking wet. Do you enjoy being wrong all the time? 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
33 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

I’ve literally seen people fall clean through them who are about 10 stone soaking wet. Do you enjoy being wrong all the time? 

Was in the Merkland for years with my kids when it was the family stand and been in various stands regularly for past 30 years.  Never seen one person ‘fall clean through a seat’. Never even once heard of one person ‘falling clean through a seat’.

The stadium is a shithole, we get that. 40 seats and frames being damaged during 1 game wasn’t a result of people falling straight through them though. You’re not that ignorant surely?

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

What a load of shite.

Seats are weakened and fucked by folk jumping on them prior.

Why would the club or anybody spend money on repairing or upgrading seats when the ignorant fannys will just break them again?

Never understand why they can't just remove the seats. Everyone stands anyway, wouldn't it be safer? Would save the cost of repair every other week and stop the club moaning about said repair.

Think the Red Shed has been good for matchday experience. Sadly, I feel the club are too quick to knock them down a peg.

Not sure what the balaclava thing is all about other than a tribute to a fine 7am Saturday morning Aberdeen establishment.

• Upvote 2
Guest milne_afc
4 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

Seats are weakened and fucked by folk jumping on them prior.

Bullcrap min. The place is a shithole that’s been left to rot. 

7 minutes ago, RAZOR said:

Never understand why they can't just remove the seats. Everyone stands anyway, wouldn't it be safer? Would save the cost of repair every other week and stop the club moaning about said repair.

Think the Red Shed has been good for matchday experience. Sadly, I feel the club are too quick to knock them down a peg.

Not sure what the balaclava thing is all about other than a tribute to a fine 7am Saturday morning Aberdeen establishment.

Surely that place is not still open is it?  Used to be handy for a bit o' chore. 

As was the 19th Hole, a once regular haunt of mine in my Torry days.  Mental place.  Sit back, relax and just watch.  Dockers min, fuckin' mad bastards. It was fuckin' ace.

Guest milne_afc
5 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

I am not disputing that but dont tell me that folk are nae wrecking the seats or accelerating the deterioration of them.

They should withstand the malnourished dweebs you see in the RetShed. I’ve nae been in 3 years but some of the seats and their fixings were laughable. The club need to pull their socks up.