St Johnstone 0 - 1 Aberdeen

Hoping yesterday's shit show was just a blip. It was a crap day all round. Came down stairs yesterday morning to find telly fallen off its stand, screen smashed, telly fucked, so I go into kitchen to make myself some breakfast, toaster explodes. Headed out after lunch to get new telly, Pittodrie shit show occurs. Finally go to bed to put terrible day to an end, only to be woken an hour later to my 3 year old projectile vomiting in the hallway, ffs. Anyway nervy 2-1 win for Aberdeen (hope rather than expectation) 

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Assuming Clarkson is injured & no new signings in before next weekend. 

Lewis

Richardson Stewart Scales Coulson   
                          McCrorie   
              Ramadani        Hayes    
     Morris.        Miovski.        Besuijen 

That right side is giving me the fear

Having conceded six goals in three matches id be tightening things up, even if it is a shot shy St Johnstone we are facing.

Lewis 

Mccrorie          Stewart      Scales          Coulson

Ramadani    Clarkson  Polvara 

Duk           Miovski       Hayes 

24 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Having conceded six goals in three matches id be tightening things up, even if it is a shot shy St Johnstone we are facing.

Lewis 

Mccrorie          Stewart      Scales          Coulson

Ramadani    Clarkson  Polvara 

Duk           Miovski       Hayes 

Definitely need to get Scales the fk away from LB. He may have looked decent in attack from that position but he’s dreadful at getting back to defend & his failure to prevent that cross for goal for fear of giving away a corner was fkn criminal.

Leave him at LCH or fk all imo. 

Have a ticket, but not sure how I'm getting there. From what I can tell, there's no trains in or out of Perth on Saturday due to the strikes.

Read a few times Motherwell would be a test of where we really are. I think this is. We'll lose games this season so one loss in isolation doesn't tell us much. If we are anywhere near where we need to be, we won't end up with one point or less from these two games

My observations after 3 matches.  We are not going to have trouble scoring but conceeding is a concern.  We have a legimate striker and good attacking supporting cast.  However the back 4 needs to get settled.  The midfield on paper is fine but performances are all over the place.  Luckily the league looks to be a shamble aagin this year. So top 4 less on our merits but how bad the league is...

• Upvote 1

Roos

????    Stewart    Scales    Coulson

Ramadani

Richardson  McCrorie   Hayes

Miovski

Ramirez

I want to see Miovski playing with a strike partner. Ramirez has the most experience.

Give Richardson a try in midfield - makes best use of his forward play and shows up less of his liabilities. Looks better than Morris and Roberts is crocked.

Give Ramadani clear defensive duties, frees McCrorie to go forward.

Hayes or Vinny; not both and Hayes is miles better.

Willing to give Roos more time provided the defense in front of him gets re-coached especially on set-pieces.

Who is the best right back? MacKenzie? Bring Hancock back?

47 minutes ago, Dal Riata Don said:

Roos

????    Stewart    Scales    Coulson

Ramadani

Richardson  McCrorie   Hayes

Miovski

Ramirez

I want to see Miovski playing with a strike partner. Ramirez has the most experience.

Give Richardson a try in midfield - makes best use of his forward play and shows up less of his liabilities. Looks better than Morris and Roberts is crocked.

Give Ramadani clear defensive duties, frees McCrorie to go forward.

Hayes or Vinny; not both and Hayes is miles better.

Willing to give Roos more time provided the defense in front of him gets re-coached especially on set-pieces.

Who is the best right back? MacKenzie? Bring Hancock back?

If Richardson isn't good enough to play the position he was signed to play, he certainly isn't good enough to play one that requires an even better technique.

Hancock can't be recalled now. He's with Arbroath for the full season...there might be a break clause in January but that would be the earliest we could bring him back if it exists. However even if we somehow could....he's a left footed left back. As is Jack MacKenzie. I wouldn't want either of them playing right back other than in the direst of emergencies (I'd rather play one of our youth right backs than a very one footed left back). I don't think Goodwin is close to the point of dropping Richardson yet anyway, but if he was, I think McCrorie would be the one to do so right now.

20 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

If Richardson isn't good enough to play the position he was signed to play, he certainly isn't good enough to play one that requires an even better technique.

Hancock can't be recalled now. He's with Arbroath for the full season...there might be a break clause in January but that would be the earliest we could bring him back if it exists. However even if we somehow could....he's a left footed left back. As is Jack MacKenzie. I wouldn't want either of them playing right back other than in the direst of emergencies (I'd rather play one of our youth right backs than a very one footed left back). I don't think Goodwin is close to the point of dropping Richardson yet anyway, but if he was, I think McCrorie would be the one to do so right now.

I appreciate the insight there, thank you.

It still leaves us a significant problem on the right side - Richardson at RB, goes up, which, he has been signed to do, so Stewart has to come over, defend outside the penalty box then has to pass. Dear God no.

Can Ramadani offer defensive cover? Not enough evidence either way yet. 

Morris and Richardson seem to get under each other's feet up front so an either/or there, not both.

Can Bates be brought in from the cold to play RB then?

It's not what he will play, as he has his preferred formations, but I would like to see how we get on with a back three. I think it suits the squad we have, for swapping players in and out

Roos

Milne           Stewart         Scales

Ramadani              

Richardson                                               Coulson

McCrorie

Vinny                                        Hayes 

Miovski 

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Dal Riata Don said:

I appreciate the insight there, thank you.

It still leaves us a significant problem on the right side - Richardson at RB, goes up, which, he has been signed to do, so Stewart has to come over, defend outside the penalty box then has to pass. Dear God no

Aye.  I think we play McCrorie right side of a two in midfield with Ramadani to help cover that side meantime. 

9 minutes ago, moray1903 said:

It's not what he will play, as he has his preferred formations, but I would like to see how we get on with a back three. I think it suits the squad we have, for swapping players in and out

Roos

Milne           Stewart         Scales

Ramadani              

Richardson                                               Coulson

McCrorie

Vinny                                        Hayes 

Miovski 

Like it.

• Upvote 1