Taxi for Calderwood?

at start of season 3rd would have been realistic best. At this point it is the very least we should achieve.

We've been ahead in games we should've won and thrown them away.

We've failed to perform in many games.

Big games have been a nightmare.

hunshearts have been sh*t. We have been in positions to take advantage but have bottled it.

4 pts from Caley home games, 2 pts from Smurn away. We win those must win games and we're 2 behind the huns.

6 pts from 2 united games in which we've been ahead. 4 ahead of huns.

Turn up for the OF games and we're well clear.

We f*cked it up through daft errors and bad management (both tactical and motivational). Good management gave us a chance. I get the feeling that the majority of the club never believef 2nd place was on. Depressing.

Nicked from aberdeen-mad.

afcvsdual7.jpg

Does look alarmingly accurate!!

I think folk are going a bit overboard saying maybe its time for Calderwood to go. He has taken us forward and we're in a better position then we were before he arrived. He does f*ck up in quite spectacular fashion from time to time with regards to tactics and team selection. I just wish he'd sometimes hold his hands up and admit he f*cked up and made a mistake. He also needs to start building a team that allows players to play in their strongest positions. Me and my mate were discussing before the Utd game that we have too many players who are "versitile" and its a bit of a mystery as to where their are best utilised.

all comments were in jest boaby. I never actually knew we'd won the youth cup. pity f*ck all players came through though.

Nae probs min. Abdy seems to be a bit tetchy on here at the mo.

Think Mackie played in th YC, maybe McNaughton too. Seem to recall Tiernan was captain. Wonder what happened to the rest?

Guest CAPSLOCK
Beginning of the season was a thread on "what would be a succesful season?"

my view was double figures home wins, more wins than draws or losses away from home

not quite the end os season yet but think I will be happy based on my wish for the beginning of the season

If we look at the big picture, then I would have to say "Well done Jimmy"

If we look at individual games then I would have to say " you stupid w***er"

would say that we have LOST more points this season through tactical f*** - ups than we have through players mistakes

problems for me are

1 An unwillingness to admit HE got it wrong

2 More worried about man marking opposition players than playing our game especially at home

3 Buying defenders and strikers when we desperatly need midfielders

4 An inability to get it right for big games or one off games

Good for me

1 A well organised defence

2 A good game plan (though boring)

WHEN THE BACK 3 OR 4 HAVE AN OFF-DAY THE FAILINGS IN THE OTHER DEPARTMENTS ON THE FIELD ARE REALLY HIGHLIGHTED. NOW IT WOULD BE FOOLISH TO SAY THAT I ENJOYED THE RESULT ON SATURDAY BUT I DO BELIEVE A THUMPING NOW AND THEN GIVES THE PLAYERS AND MANAGER A BIT OF PERSPECTIVE.

I BELIEVE CALDERWOOD LEARNED A LOT FROM THE 5-0 DEFEAT AT IBROX AND THIS 2-4 RESULT AT HOME WHEN WE SHOULD HAVE BEEN EDGING CLOSER TO EUROPE IS ANOTHER LITTLE REMINDER THAT WE'RE NOT THE FINISHED ARTICLE.

NO DOUBT THERE WILL BE PEOPLE WHO WILL HOLD THIS RESULT AS THE REASON WE DIDN'T MAKE IT INTO EUROPE BUT AT LEAST WE'RE IN THAT POSITION UNDER JC. THE TOLD-YOU-SO BRIGADE SEEM TO FORGET THAT LITTLE GEM.

Guest redbrigade
I'd rather finish 3rd than LAST

:nutter:

Indeed. For me, its results that matter.

I don't think we can realistically set anything higher than 3rd place as a target each season. Finishing above that would definitely be punching above our weight. JC has done a decent job with limited resources.

At the end of the day, the only thing I want is another piss up in Europe with the Dons, and its still on! :laughing:

When Fergie won as much games as he did with Aberdeen, was it entertaining football at times? Was it f*ck, but we won games!!!

Thats the most bloody stupid and idiotic statement I have ever heard on this board FFS!

Aberdeen under Fergie was the most entertaining football ever in Aberdeens era. We had flair players, guys like Weir and Strachen who could turn any game in a heartbeat, midfield ball winners and outstanding attacking and passing movements not to mention flowing football.

Get a grip you clown!

Thats the most bloody stupid and idiotic statement I have ever heard on this board FFS!

Aberdeen under Fergie was the most entertaining football ever in Aberdeens era. We had flair players, guys like Weir and Strachen who could turn any game in a heartbeat, midfield ball winners and outstanding attacking and passing movements not to mention flowing football.

Get a grip you clown!

:appl:

He's 20 years old, meaning he would've missed the Fergie era, and has 3 football club badges in his signature. Says it all :laughing:

Adidias 'World Team of the Year' in 1983, but they didn't play entertaining football. :nutter: Fergie has always made his teams play entertaining football.

Ask any supporter of St Mirren, Aberdeen and Man Utd when the best time to support them was, and they'll all say the Fergie era.

:appl:

He's 20 years old, meaning he would've missed the Fergie era, and has 3 football club badges in his signature. Says it all :laughing:

Adidias 'World Team of the Year' in 1983, but they didn't play entertaining football. :nutter: Fergie has always made his teams play entertaining football.

Ask any supporter of St Mirren, Aberdeen and Man Utd when the best time to support them was, and they'll all say the Fergie era.

I'm way to young to remember the Fergie years being only 21 but I remember watching the 1983 cup final highlights and Fergie was raging about the performance despite a 1-0 win over the huns saying that the players know how well they could play and the performance fell well short of it. Players weren't too chuffed about it!

I get the impression some people can't handle us doing well. It's obvious after 10 years of dross and plenty to moan about, now there is little to whinge about in comparison but many aren't happy unless they can have a moan as they have become acustommed to over the years.

Yes we're no world beaters and the manager tends to make stupid decisions from time to time but I'm sure we're not the only team in the league that thinks our manager has cost us a few points. I seem to be the only one however that thinks the players should be getting more blame for their amateur defending in the same way JC is for his role in the defeat.

Some points:

1. We're better than we were.

2. We're not as good as we should be given the players we have.

3. We have bottled it big style in the big games; 4 points rather than 0 against rangers and we'd be 2nd; didn't turn up in the cups; ridiculously defensive in 1st game vs Celtic and no real resistance in the other 2; utd away; utd at home last game before split chance to put pressure on the hun.

4 We have had many sh*t performances besides those above; caley games, smurn away, dunf at home, killie away x2. 11-12 pts dropped as a result.

5. Crazy tactics; 2-4-4 at kick off? Man to Man defending at 1 down? sit in and defend 1-0s at home? Mackie LWB? Dempsey LW? Diamond RM? Brewster from the start?

6. We score similar no.s of goals/season as we did under Ebbe/Pele. Do not average 2 a game.

7. We still only win around half our home games.

8. We are hard to beat - usually. Unless it's a big game.

9. We have crap youth and reserve teams. We have 3 u-21s at a push ready for 1st team level. Scouting? Coaching? Would expect to be seeing JC's youth policy beginning to bear fruit by now at U-19 level at least. Do we even sign who we mean to?

10. Some good signings. Lot of last minute buys that have been utter sh*te and cost us money we don't have. Best signings have been established SPL players. Players from elsewhere generally pish. Scouting network? Do we have one?

11. playing style is sh*te. Ball retention is sh*te. Long ball is default. Counter-attack is default. JC seems unable to set out a team that can both attack and defend with equl competency.

IMO with better management and more belief we could and should have been at least 12 points clear of Rangers at the moment. Instead we are clinging onto 3rd.

I doubt whether we can afford a manager that would do better. I feel we should our eyes peeled though. If JC underachieves again next season then I might start getting angry. That does not mean we should get 2nd nesxt year cos the huns will move the goal-posts again. I mean we have to hold leads better, we have to extend leads, we have to get a cup run, we have to win more big games.

JC's job is to get the best out of HIS players, to put in place the people and the system that can bring through our own players, to make the most of the transfer budget at his disposal (not do council stylee last minute spunk of the dough).

IMO JC is failing on all 3 fronts. Must do better.

Wasn't going to post in this after reading through pages of abusive sh*t (with even admin getting in on the act calling folk "morons") but then i came across this and decided to post views anyway as almost totally agree with what Boaby says. Still not a fan of JC but can't deny our position right now. However after so much luck this season and how bad so many teams have been, next season we may drop like a stone if we don't get same luck and other teams improve a little. Personally not confident about next season but will be happy as a pig in sh*t if we get a European trip!!

People being too young for the Fergie era is what a lot of people need to get a grip of. I'm 22, I've been to Hampden for national cup finals on 3 occassions. We've won 1 and lost the other two. Back in the Fergie days people went to Hampden for national cup finals 3 times in a year often and we'd mostly be winning them. Well good for you, you saw the good times, many of us didn't. I'm sick and tired of people being wholly unrealistic in their ambitions for Aberdeen, we were sh*te before Fergie, we happened to get the best British football manager that has ever lived and we were successful under his stewardship, then it all went bad again.

So we had a 7 year blip when we were a good team, we are not having a blip just now where we are mediocre or average.

Folk have to realise that since the people of my generation have started supporting AFC, the occassional Cup Final or decent run in a cup competition and qualifying for Europe every other year is what is the norm. Yes, I'm ambitious, yes I want to see us achieve all we can but I'm also realistic because there is no point in coming out at the start of the season and saying that we should be challenging for the title. Rangers and Celtic can still afford to pay way more in wages than we can, can afford to buy better players and are starting to build reasonable reputations in Europe by progressing to the latter stages of European competitions on a more frequent basis. Can we expect to achieve that, no, we cant.

Fot this generation, what we are at the moment is as good as it's been and having people telling me that Calderwood is rubbish and must go just does my nut in. I'm enjoying now and have enjoyed the last couple of seasons because it's been good times in terms of results. I'd rather watch us win 1-0 and be boring than be entertaining and get beaten.

Guest El Padre

I agree with what Nespa's hinting at, the knives were out for Calderwood straight away because he's a weegie, slightest f*ck up and the weegie haters are on his back ranting and raving.

He'll never be able to do anything right, even if we DO win a trophy under him, there's still going to be eejits greetin about something.

We're the only support outside the OF who absolutely demand success, and for what reason? Because we won a few trophys in the 80's? We're no bigger or better than Hearts, Hibs or UTD, and guess what, they might actually be trying to compete for honours as well, so our chances of winning trophies are pretty slim.

Calling for Jimmys head is just nonsense, he's worked hard, and pulled us out of the doldrums, let him see out his contract, then we can get in a manager from the north east to appease all the intolerant bigots who hate weegies.

Guest El Padre
I gonna tan yir windaes the night!!! :dance:

Come ahead, I'll go and take off the wheel-brakes on yer caravan and push it doon the hill while yer out. :dontknow:

Can't be arsed reading six pages of what I can only assume is another unnecessary thread containing the age old..

"JC is sh*te", "GTF Calderwood","Sooner he goes the better","Ruining AFC" sh*te that appears to spring up whenever we lose a game or win but not in an entertaining way. :dance:

I don't think anyone can sensibly argue that there has not been year on year improvement in our overall league performance and I'm happy to call a liar anyone who thought we would be clear in third at the split when asked back in August.

The whole "sack JC" thing is getting so predictable and boring I wonder what people realistically expect from AFC these days? :dontknow:

Sorry, but going to go along with the theme of this thread;

JC just isn't appealing to the majority of the support, self-inflicted mainly in my eyes with his

unbelievably dreadful post-match interviews !!!!

Can't believe folk on here think he's won over the majority of the fans, you really should come

to the games to get a feel for the fans displeasure......you'll be lucky to hear 'oh Jimmy Jimmy''

getting a rendition once every month ???

Next season;

Sacked or he leaves.

Some points:

1. We're better than we were.

2. We're not as good as we should be given the players we have.

3. We have bottled it big style in the big games; 4 points rather than 0 against rangers and we'd be 2nd; didn't turn up in the cups; ridiculously defensive in 1st game vs Celtic and no real resistance in the other 2; utd away; utd at home last game before split chance to put pressure on the hun.

4 We have had many sh*t performances besides those above; caley games, smurn away, dunf at home, killie away x2. 11-12 pts dropped as a result.

5. Crazy tactics; 2-4-4 at kick off? Man to Man defending at 1 down? sit in and defend 1-0s at home? Mackie LWB? Dempsey LW? Diamond RM? Brewster from the start?

6. We score similar no.s of goals/season as we did under Ebbe/Pele. Do not average 2 a game.

7. We still only win around half our home games.

8. We are hard to beat - usually. Unless it's a big game.

9. We have crap youth and reserve teams. We have 3 u-21s at a push ready for 1st team level. Scouting? Coaching? Would expect to be seeing JC's youth policy beginning to bear fruit by now at U-19 level at least. Do we even sign who we mean to?

10. Some good signings. Lot of last minute buys that have been utter sh*te and cost us money we don't have. Best signings have been established SPL players. Players from elsewhere generally pish. Scouting network? Do we have one?

11. playing style is sh*te. Ball retention is sh*te. Long ball is default. Counter-attack is default. JC seems unable to set out a team that can both attack and defend with equl competency.

IMO with better management and more belief we could and should have been at least 12 points clear of Rangers at the moment. Instead we are clinging onto 3rd.

I doubt whether we can afford a manager that would do better. I feel we should our eyes peeled though. If JC underachieves again next season then I might start getting angry. That does not mean we should get 2nd nesxt year cos the huns will move the goal-posts again. I mean we have to hold leads better, we have to extend leads, we have to get a cup run, we have to win more big games.

JC's job is to get the best out of HIS players, to put in place the people and the system that can bring through our own players, to make the most of the transfer budget at his disposal (not do council stylee last minute spunk of the dough).

IMO JC is failing on all 3 fronts. Must do better.

don't really need to post much more as the above covers it all pretty well.

We have done well results-wise this season but I'd be amazed if we do as well next year playing to the level we have been. The frustration for me doesn't come from the fact we aren't qualified for the champs lge already (that was always a pipe dream) it stems from the feeling that we have done well but could have done so much better but for JC's farcical tactical tombola. He has done well for us, obviously, yet his limitations have been pretty obvious. Can he learn from his mistakes and do better? Maybe. Could we get/afford anyone better? Debatable. Next year is a huge season for JC at afc.

Oh and 10men I too missed the 80s. I too have been to the last 3 cup finals. I don't expect us to be winning anything year on year. I do expect (hope) that we play to our full potential and have a decent cup run every other season with a final every few years (certainly more often than none in 7). As much as I have enjoyed the last few seasons there is a nagging doubt that we could have done better

Oh and 10men I too missed the 80s. I too have been to the last 3 cup finals. I don't expect us to be winning anything year on year. I do expect (hope) that we play to our full potential and have a decent cup run every other season with a final every few years (certainly more often than none in 7). As much as I have enjoyed the last few seasons there is a nagging doubt that we could have done better

We possibly could have done better but we still haven't done as badly as we did before. You look at the seasons between the Cup Final in 95 and the Cup Finals in 2000. I dont recall too many semi-finals in that time either and again, no finals. The poor cup runs have been a feature of the last few seasons and is something that we really need to rectify sooner rather than later.

The team can't play to its full potential all the time though and there are going to be times when it under achieves and over-achieves. It is difficult to say which of those two we are doing at the moment.

The team can't play to its full potential all the time though and there are going to be times when it under achieves and over-achieves. It is difficult to say which of those two we are doing at the moment.

well it would be if the team contained the best players in their best positions in a coherent formation rather than something like this:

afcvsdual7.jpg

however as JC lets the tombola do the work for him I would suggest that we are underachieving due to his decisions (or lack of them)

btw why the hell does Brewster start every game when my gran is more mobile than him and why, despite constantly talking him up, does Touzani get no where near the 1st team, even when players are dropping like flies?