The Golf Thread

Just to clear things up I was having great difficulty switching shafts couldn't get my grip right at all but did manage to nudge chimp's ball nearer to the hole in question

Golf is very rude yeh :laughing:

I have a sudden desire to start playing golf again....

Played 9 holes this morning +7 :thumbs: (see below). A magnificent 22 putts :crossfingers: and a couple of average drives on the par 5s.

The last 5 holes were decent (#5 stroke index 1) but still missed 3 putts inside 10 feet for birdies

1st - Par 4 - 6 (3 putts)

2nd - Par 5 - 7 (3 putts)

3rd - Par 3 - 3

4th - Par 5 - 7 (3 putts)

5th - Par 4 - 5 (3 putts)

6th - Par 3 - 3

7th - Par 4 - 4

8th - Par 3 - 3

9th - Par 4 - 4

Back to the drawing board :cheers:

Played 9 holes this morning +7 :angry: (see below). A magnificent 22 putts :thumbup1: and a couple of average drives on the par 5s.

The last 5 holes were decent (#5 stroke index 1) but still missed 3 putts inside 10 feet for birdies

3rd - Par 3 - 3

6th - Par 3 - 3

7th - Par 4 - 4

8th - Par 3 - 3

9th - Par 4 - 4

Back to the drawing board :cry:

Ha, that's the sort of score I long for!

Played 9 holes this morning +7 :angry: (see below). A magnificent 22 putts :thumbup1: and a couple of average drives on the par 5s.

3rd - Par 3 - 3

6th - Par 3 - 3

7th - Par 4 - 4

8th - Par 3 - 3

9th - Par 4 - 4

Back to the drawing board :cry:

Drive for show, putt for dough!

Is this a regular craic, golf before work? Awesome.

Thankfully I've got a half day so I'm off now to burn it up at Inchmarlo.

Go get 'em, Macca!

Aye, start at 6.45. Taking money off 2 Englishmen is always good.

Where you playing on Sunday you wee ferret?

The Show and myself are members at Craibstone.

What are the courses over there like?

So, so. Lots of good places but green fees are expensive. I haven't joined anywhere over here.

The place I play on Friday's is parkland, not too dificult. If you can putt :thumbup1:

If you are home at xmas we can play Craibstone. Mac and i played on the 5th of January this year and the course was in superb nic.

I'll lend you my spare putter :rolleyes:

I played Craibstone in the rain a couple of weeks ago and agree it's in excellent condition. Scored 33 points (out in 20 back in 13). I did question their yardages on a couple of the par 3s though, (7th & 10th), went through the back twice without touching the green even after dropping a club due to the elevation!!

If you can't putt though you might struggle.

I played Craibstone in the rain a couple of weeks ago and agree it's in excellent condition. Scored 33 points (out in 20 back in 13). I did question their yardages on a couple of the par 3s though, (7th & 10th), went through the back twice without touching the green even after dropping a club due to the elevation!!

If you can't putt though you might struggle.

I would agree they can both be quite deceptive especially if there is a wind about which is 90% of the time. You are not the first to question the yardage of some of the holes but they are in fact spot on.

The Greens are the best thing about the place. Nice a big as well.

Ach, my putting is usually okay. One of those days. :(

Count me in bro, I'll be back for a week so should be no problem.

Super

What did you go for in the end Hobbit?

I have a lovely Sonnartec 3 wood which will take alot for me to change. Also have a Sonnartes Hybrid 17 degree. I love the Ping G5 3 wood and with the new G10 comming out prices should start to fall. Never been a fan of Cobra and even less now that tit Poulter is sponsored by them.

MY BAG

Titleist 905r Driver 9.5 with Grafalloy Prolaunch Red shaft.

Sonnartec S2.5 3 wood 15 degree Aldila NV shaft.

Sonnartec MD 17 degree hybrid Irod shaft.

Ping I5 irons 4-W

Ping Black Nickel Wedges 52, 56, 60.

Odyssey 2 Ball putter

Also back down to 4. Bonus.

I have a lovely Sonnartec 3 wood which will take alot for me to change. Also have a Sonnartes Hybrid 17 degree. I love the Ping G5 3 wood and with the new G10 comming out prices should start to fall. Never been a fan of Cobra and even less now that tit Poulter is sponsored by them.

MY BAG

Ping I5 irons 4-W

Odyssey 2 Ball putter

:tossr:

MY BAG

Ping I5 irons 4-W

Odyssey 2 Ball putter

I went for the Taylor Made Rescue Mid TP 14

I would agree they can both be quite deceptive especially if there is a wind about which is 90% of the time. You are not the first to question the yardage of some of the holes but they are in fact spot on.

The Greens are the best thing about the place. Nice a big as well.

Super

Get your pass booked, flights are sorted for 27 December - 3rd January.

I'll take the clubs so let me know which day is best for you. I would quite like to play with Ian and Hamish as well but don't think I'll be allowed out to play twice.

:)

Get your pass booked, flights are sorted for 27 December - 3rd January.

I'll take the clubs so let me know which day is best for you. I would quite like to play with Ian and Hamish as well but don't think I'll be allowed out to play twice.

;)

What are your thoughts on the 30th (Sunday)? I am on call over Christmas you see. :ThumbsDown: We could make it a 4, i can get everyone on?!