The Golf Thread

• Site Sponsor
Fars a the golfers en?? Will buy a pint to all hatters who come along and participate! :laughing: Only got 1 signed up so far.

Current draws can be seen here http://www.northeastgolfdraws.co.uk/

See a time u like let me know :laughing:

Handicap lapsed and just got two cards into Craibstone. Might not have the third in anytime soon (pressure of work) so probably won't have handicap in time. Never mind, 2010

• Site Sponsor
2nd round of the year today, 15+ (finished with a feckin 8!!). Still pretty sh*te then. Im playing for my handicap too cause it lapsed. Probs be about 15....ill be a bit of a bandit for a while then before I get it back down :laughing::laughing:

You're OK, I'll have a word with the handicap gadgy

I had my 2nd medal of the season yesterday, and shot 92, playing off handicap of 6!! Birdied the 1st, putted well all the way round, no balls out of bounds, and still shot 92! Kind of gives you an idea of how p1sh I played tee to green.

Still in shock this morning that I could play as badly as I did. Don't see myself as being a good player, but don't think I'm that bad either.

Desperate to get back on the course tonight to try and right all the wrongs, cos my brain is fried jist noo!

Stupid game anyway.

It'll be 13 at Insch

Played there yesterday, it was pretty tough as it was a howling gale. Anyway shot 32 points with a handicap of 10, my official handicap is 12 but I wasn't allowed to play to that.

Hitting the driver like a dream, few eagle putts on the shot par 4's and ended up with no birdies all round, shocking stuff.

SSS is 2 under, nae as easy as it looks on the card.

Really don't like the 18th at Insch, could be a good little par 3 if there was more around the green, looks like they just cut the grass shorter and put a hole in it. A bunker front left and maybe even one far right would make it more interesting.

The green is too close to the fence to the car park anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Played a few different courses in the last few weeks.

Cruden Bay - My home club so play it often but it's in really good condition at the moment, been a problem with the greens for years now but seems like they are finally sorting this out.

Ellon - Back 9 as good as always and the front 9 coming along but it wasn't in the best of conditions, a lot of bunkers needed strimming and still marshy in places.

Insch - Already commented in an earlier post, was in decent condition, good, cheap golf at Insch.

Kemnay - Excellent condition even if some of the green keepers seem to have their single brain cell removed. Always enjoy playing this course, some really tricky greens.

Got a game at the Centenary or whatever it's called - the Ryder cup venue - at Gleneagles end of next week. Can't stand the Kings and Queens. This one any good?

EDIT: Before you ask, I won't need a caddy, fs. save your boot polish and white boilersuit for next time.

Never played any Gleneagle courses. Had 36 holes round Landsdowne and Rosemount courses at Blairgowrie last weekend. Holy sh*t they are two awesome courses. If you are unable to hit the ball straight then you will be f ucked, some horrendously tight holes!

Got a game at the Centenary or whatever it's called - the Ryder cup venue - at Gleneagles end of next week. Can't stand the Kings and Queens. This one any good?

EDIT: Before you ask, I won't need a caddy, fs. save your boot polish and white boilersuit for next time.

Played the Centenary couple o years back, vastly overated, like all things Gleneagles. Greens like ice rinks....... :trophy:

Playing for the name, not any better than the some o the cooncils Municipals imo-

anyone rcommend a good teacher for a hacker?

when i was a junior i went to meldrum house at neil marr..and really enjoyed it

but i think hes a bit pricey these days..(so i have heard)

got told pine lodge at kemnay is good (never been myself) i guess its up to the individual

do you have to be a member at say meldrum house to get lessons? what about aspire are they any good? Ill check out hazlehead next time Im there, whats the going rate for an hours lesson roughly?

i wasn't a member... i don't think you have to be a member to get lessons at meldrum house

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...