The Golf Thread

i did have kemnay loon as my username but decided i didnt need to hide behind that obviously difficult to comment on players on tour most guys are brand new stephen gallacher a great guy also andrew coltart and al forsyth favourite course is muirfield (pity about the members) and carnoustie of course (ye ha) really enjoy the foundation work taking kids out to play this year i am going to golf clubs to play with their best 9 juniors i will play 6 holes with each group of three would like nothing better than to buy afc but just dont have enough money actually no where near enough money your right i have made some gaffes and said things i regret but its really difficuly saying the right things all the time when microphones stuck in your face paul

my loon is in yer U9's football foundation, excellent excellent support and the coaches have been outstanding

:applause:

Another quick question Paul, how do you think Olly will get on as Ryder cup captain i think it is an excellent choice i believe that EVERY pro player respects Jose and that includes the Yanks i really think the fact that Olly has won over majors over there will really worry the Americans, I think that the dignity he showed after the antics in the 2004 Cup when they all ran across his line showed the true class of the man, someone also told me the the Rand A had a special medal struck for him should he ever win th Open as it would complete a haul of certain titles that date back from his amatuer days

Another quick question Paul, how do you think Olly will get on as Ryder cup captain i think it is an excellent choice i believe that EVERY pro player respects Jose and that includes the Yanks i really think the fact that Olly has won over majors over there will really worry the Americans, I think that the dignity he showed after the antics in the 2004 Cup when they all ran across his line showed the true class of the man, someone also told me the the Rand A had a special medal struck for him should he ever win th Open as it would complete a haul of certain titles that date back from his amatuer days

olazabal is quality, great guy hope he does really well as rc captain,he will make it about the players unlike someone i cant mention!!!!!!!!

dont know about special medal from r and a but could be

paul

my loon is in yer U9's football foundation, excellent excellent support and the coaches have been outstanding

:applause:

thanks yeah the coaches for all our teams have been great , we wanted to make sure all the kids enjoy it , was also important for us to make sure the parents paid for nothing as thats why we raise money to spend on kids

thanks yeah the coaches for all our teams have been great , we wanted to make sure all the kids enjoy it , was also important for us to make sure the parents paid for nothing as thats why we raise money to spend on kids

thats why its always great to see you win...keeps the cash flow up, I follow yer blog, and it seems u suffer big time in Asia with the jet-lag?

my loon is 7, is he to young for the u10 flag events?

:thumbup1:

What is your view on Sandy Lyle as RC captain , i just feel that Lyle is that last of that era Faldo, sevy, Langer, Woosie, that all won majors all th rest have be captains and to lose out on that one momnet of red mist, in the pissing wet at the first round of the open seems a tad cruel to me, And do you reckon Sam Torrance who i think has been the best captain that i have seen would vere take it on again.

It must have been difficulty commentating on the Ryder Cup for the first time, knowing that you do have the game for the very top level but not being anywhere close to being considered, and rightly so as your results hadn't been good enough.

We were talking on Sunday night and I reckon this win will have a dramatic effect on your future. It had been a long time since your previous win but surely you know that you are better than your world rankings would suggest? We reckon you might go mental and win for fun now. Unlike Monty, who has lost so much length, you have everything in your locker to beat every c**t. Confidence is everything in golf. Did you ever have doubts these last few years? Didn't you feel that it should have been you there at Celtic Manor?

It's a results business and yours haven't been good enough and there will be reasons for this but seriously, with your talent, you owe it to yourself, the North east, AFC fans everywhere, to do justice to yourself. Just kidding. You owe nae c**t nuthin and it's an individual pursuit, not team but it must have hurt these last few years?

the commentating was tough as id never done it before and my first go was ryder cup shitting myself doesnt come close , i was poor the first day but i think i improved as week went on slightly

mentally i struggle a bit as my head not as good as id like so thats why i havnt done so well

ive had doubts for a long time but you try and say the right things to camera (people think i spout off alot about winning but youve got to be that way)

my results have been no where near good enough so i have no complaints

lets see what happens the rest of the year, im hoping last sunday is huge for me

paul

What is your view on Sandy Lyle as RC captain , i just feel that Lyle is that last of that era Faldo, sevy, Langer, Woosie, that all won majors all th rest have be captains and to lose out on that one momnet of red mist, in the pissing wet at the first round of the open seems a tad cruel to me, And do you reckon Sam Torrance who i think has been the best captain that i have seen would vere take it on again.

sandy should have been captain in 1999 when mark james got it

its probably unlikely sandy will be captain now which is a great shame

dont think sam will be offered the job again but your right he was a fantastic captain

paul

So Paul, what REALLY happened at Meldrum House? :laughing::laughing::dontknow:

Loved your Sky commentary at Celtic Manor, especially the impression you and Mark Roe did of Bubba Watson when his playing partner holed out his 2nd shot.

Well done last week.

BOOM BABY i mean what the f*** is that all about

thanks last week was great fun

paul

Many of us think it will be. This could be the most important win of your career as it unlocks the door. I hate Davis Love the eighteenth for what he said about you and the course in 99. Yes, John Philp had been feeding the rough but keep out of the f**king stuff you gormless yank f**k. I said at the time that you would win another major but disappointingly, you've not really been close since. If you want it bad enough, you can get back to the top of the world. Here's hoping the win on Sunday proves to you what some of us have always known. Go get em. And wear a Dons strip on the Sunday when you're 9 shots clear after the Saturday. Or a hun top but take it off half way round and burn the b*stard.

guys im off to bed this jet lags a bitch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! been great talking to you all BE ON TOMORROW PAUL

Many of us think it will be. This could be the most important win of your career as it unlocks the door. I hate Davis Love the eighteenth for what he said about you and the course in 99. Yes, John Philp had been feeding the rough but keep out of the f**king stuff you gormless yank f**k. I said at the time that you would win another major but disappointingly, you've not really been close since. If you want it bad enough, you can get back to the top of the world. Here's hoping the win on Sunday proves to you what some of us have always known. Go get em. And wear a Dons strip on the Sunday when you're 9 shots clear after the Saturday. Or a hun top but take it off half way round and burn the b*stard.

outstanding RS.... :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

i play as much as most guys last year 27 events this year the same, i dont go to humid countries cant compete so waste of time and money , my boy playing scottish boys for first time in two weeks im not in the masters, that leaves china and korea if i go there i then cant play spanish open and mallorca before the world matchplay , honestly sitting back after winning is not my style, hope that explains it paul

Fair enough, it sure seems like you play less. As R_S says, I am usually your biggest defender, but as an (apparently) ignorant golf follower it is frustrating to see a local loon win, then change his plans to play less, while saying publicly that he feels he's about to turn the corner to more wins. Mixed messages, but I understand your logic. Guess I'm a f**king plug eh.

Well that's you told Fatshaft!

Indeed :poster_oops:

Elie is ok. Earlsferry Links. The strangest thing happened there once. I was playing a match and we were doing fine, coming down the stretch and as I delivered the most exquisite 3 iron approach towards the green, our opponent (4BBB) said "you've dropped something". My puzzled look (my ball hadn't even landed yet before rolling up to 15 feet) prompted him to add these words "aye, yer arsehole". To this day, I have no idea what the c**t meant and put it down to Fife strangeness but he was also a member of our club and an older gadgy I kent fine. Maybe it was a sad attempt at humour, f**k knows, but after my partner Kenny nailed a 3 Wood on the green a couple of holes later, it was nice to put the b*stards to sleep before the last coupla holes.

Fife eh?

Oh definitely Fife humour. Dont think anyone else really understands what their saying. But yeah Elie was fine enough, guy i was playing with said their sturggling for cash just now?

Anyways thats me ready for The Castle. 1025 tee off. Looking forward to it.

Thoughts on 'Taymouth Castle' RAZOR, ever played there?

I quite like it, there is a Par 3 going over the water which cracks me up, think I lost 4 balls to that hole. I was worrying too much about getting over the water that it kept putting me off.

Beautiful day when I played and would recommend it if you haven't played there.

We visited it when i was serving my apprenticeship through the college. But ive never played it. Were you staying at the hotel?

Was covered in snow when i seen it so i dont know much about the place.

Yeah, stayed at the Kenmore Club. Some amazing views of the lake etc. My mum and dad are regulars down there, think they've been going for the last 8 years.

Some awesome scenery, if you get the chance to go down and play there, take it!

Ill add it to the list.

On that region of Scotland, and near top of my list is to play is G-West. Pocket or Paul, have you played it yet?

Paul, if you're back on again today. nae lang before you won the Open, I won a P&J competition to play 9 holes with you at the short course at Inchmarlo. You told a fantastic story that day of Tony Johnstone. You were playing with him in a Euro Tour event, and he was having a right mare. Came to a head on the last green when he took 3 to get out of a bunker. He looked to the heavens, shook his fist at the sky and said "Come on down here and fight me like a man!!"

Mad me laugh anyway

Cheers for winning my father in law heaps of money last weekend PL. :)

Because you won, got a fine take away with his winnings.

Good man and congratulations - keep it up, and hopefully Richie can hit a bit of form aswell :)

thanks min ritchie struggling with a few injuries just now but he will be fine hes a good lad who works very hard

paul

Fair enough, it sure seems like you play less. As R_S says, I am usually your biggest defender, but as an (apparently) ignorant golf follower it is frustrating to see a local loon win, then change his plans to play less, while saying publicly that he feels he's about to turn the corner to more wins. Mixed messages, but I understand your logic. Guess I'm a f**king plug eh.

Indeed :poster_oops:

i wont be playing less,in fact my schedule could be as many as 29 events this year if i get in seve trophy,world cup and race to dubai

i had to take out china and korea to make sure i was fresh for spanish ,majorca and the world matchplay

paul

How about this for a scorecard from the Challenge Tour in Kenya?

2011-04-01_1112.png

You've got a computer operator sitting there adding this. Do they not question it, or is a classic typo?

No way does a pro shoot 45 at one hole.

EDIT: They've sorted it. It was a 5 and 74 so 1 under for the tournament.

great to hear of your support for me getting ryder cup captaincy 2014 hahahahahahah

mind you i do have a lack of personal qualities lol

come on rocket you were afa harsh on me there

paul

Aye I wiz. I apologise. Was having my period. You wait till the punctuation police on here git a hud o ye. You aint seen nuthing yet.

See that bloody Lawrie collapsed today. 2 eagles and 5 birdies yesterday followed by none today, and 12 shots worse, 64, 76. Aye, Peter. Is he a sound guy?

shame for peter aye hes a great lad , people call me peter and him paul all the time,quite funny

in abu dhabi last year spectators said as i approched oh good here comes paul lawrie peter lawries dad :angry:

paul

Paul, if you're back on again today. nae lang before you won the Open, I won a P&J competition to play 9 holes with you at the short course at Inchmarlo. You told a fantastic story that day of Tony Johnstone. You were playing with him in a Euro Tour event, and he was having a right mare. Came to a head on the last green when he took 3 to get out of a bunker. He looked to the heavens, shook his fist at the sky and said "Come on down here and fight me like a man!!"

Mad me laugh anyway

tony johnstone is a scream and makes me look mentally stable

he also said to a referee after a ruling if i think your a t**t will i get fined ref said no so he said i think your a t**t

paul