The Golf Thread

On 6/6/2023 at 3:46 PM, sigh said:

I see the PGA tour and LIV Tour are merging - now, tell me its not all about the money (laundering /sports washing)

Yep, it most certainly is.

As Paul McCartney once said, if I can paraphrase a wee bit. Somehow the game of golf will have to LIV and let die.

LIV will no doubt die but the increase in team related and 54 hole golf, from a shotgun start format, may take place in an effort to widen the TV audience. 

It may work, it may not work.

One thing's for sure the Saudi's sports washing approach will continue, whether it be football, golf, F1 next or whatever. 

Unfortunately that's life, or LIV, as we know it now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

He is however less of a hun than McIntyre so swings and roundabouts.

And FWIW their respective 2nds to 18 are magnificent in those conditions and circumstances.  You might want to compare drives though.

Mcintyre fully deserved to win the way he played today.

Mcilroy got lucky on 3 or 4 occasions and is a jammy cunt.

The shit he speaks now during interviews is just laughable.

Opjnions and arseholes mate, opinions and arseholes.

McIlroy said himself he thought he'd slid the putt left on 18 and everyone seemed to misread the iron on 17 yet McIroy stiffed it.

Had it been some American boomer who genuinely got lucky Id have agreed but I thought McIroys play over the four days edged it, McIntyre's 65 (?) in the wind today notwithstanding.  And he'll be far from the last to deserve to win, but not.

And again, give me those two in the final group next sunday in the same conditions I'll be all over it.