The Golf Thread

49 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Absolutely fantastic day's sporting viewing from Hovland's chip-in on first this morning to Rose's birdie putt on 18th this afternoon. 

If next two days match today then the Ryder Cup will not have disappointed, yet again. 

Just hope Mcintyre gets over his jitters and starts to enjoy the experience, without beating himself up.

Could actually win it tomorrow 😄.

Don't think Bob will play until singles now.

14 minutes ago, RAZOR said:

Could actually win it tomorrow 😄.

Don't think Bob will play until singles now.

Could be right about Bob, albeit in the high temperatures it must be draining to play the guts of 2 rounds.

Would imagine that Luke would want to use all 12 again for those reasons.

On the plus side the yanks have a few who were off the pace today.

Old Zack will do well to keep the score down. 

Europe are going to win quite comfortably on home soil, again. 

12 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

He was dreadful. 

Some day's viewing.

Hovland, Rahm and then Rose on the 18th all delivering a real kick in the bollocks to the yanks. Beautiful.

Started off not bad but Rose carried him most of the way. Great pairing pick from Donald you'd have to say.

Looks like it’s going to be a bit of a non event tomorrow.  The Yank players don’t seem that bothered about it these days. 

Used to be one of my bucket list things going to a day at the Ryder Cup….but I now think I’d get pissed off at some of the absolute weapons in the crowd.  Seems to be the same sort of pricks as the England cricket Barmy Army

There might be a problem awarding the Nicklaus Jacklin award for sportsmanship today.

The yanks are surely out of the running for that too after their fucking about on the 18th green last night.

Hope we absolutely trounce them in the singles today and send the cocky, under prepared twats back home with their tails between their legs.

By the way how many times has yon Zack Johnson had his face panned in, the irritating tit?

Luke Donald has been far and away the better captain the whole way through. 

18-10 or better would do for me.

12 hours ago, Jigsaw666 said:

Been reading that Cantlay is in a huff coz they don't get paid for playing in this. I think he's right, don't see why they should play for free considering the amount of money this event generates. 

Pretty certain there would be plenty others willing to take his place if he chose not to turn up. Greedy cunt. 

On 5/31/2013 at 6:23 AM, ChutneyLove said:

In fact, I'll start:

Golf holes you can get on the green from the tee with a putter list:

1) Frog Hole at Auchmill (used to be the 6th hole when it was a 9-holer)

2) 16th on Hazelheid No 2 course

3)

4)

5)

6)

Feel free to add others, let's see if we can get 18. Could do eighteen holes with one club!

On 6/10/2013 at 12:28 AM, ChutneyLove said:

1) Frog Hole at Auchmill (used to be the 6th hole when it was a 9-holer)
2) 16th on Hazelheid No 2 course
3) 7th at Cullen. Putt all the way down the path.
4) 7th at Dufftown

5) 2nd at Westhill

6) 6th at Huntly

7) 2nd/11th at Kinloss

Need to get at least a 9 holer out of this.

Anymore since CL is now pushing up the daisies?

15 hours ago, Jigsaw666 said:

Been reading that Cantlay is in a huff coz they don't get paid for playing in this. I think he's right, don't see why they should play for free considering the amount of money this event generates. 

I would strongly disagree with that.

Nobody in the history of the ryder cup has ever required to be paid for playing. The pride of playing for your country/continent and the amazing feeling of being part of those teams is more than enough.

As an example, Victor Hovland has earned £38 million on the usga tour this season. Hardly short of a pound these lads.

To ask to be paid when most golfers would cut off their right arm to get the chance to play in the ryder cup is the attitude of an absolute cretin.

I would ban him for playing due to his comments not being in the spirit of the cup.

• Upvote 1