The Golf Thread

22 minutes ago, elephantstone78 said:

Bit of a damp squib wasn’t it?

Scheffler turning into Tiger mk2 this year. Boring when same guy wins all the time. 

Pish in reality.

I just don't find Scheffler a likeable cunt, whereas during the Tiger era I loved him winning.

Àberg is going to be a cracking golfer.

Scheffler is a proper basher of the bible but he is some player.  He's been with his coach since he was 7. I can see if giving some of Tigers records a go.  Dustin Johnson broke a few of Tigers records at the Masters but Scottie is another level.  If his putting was better he'd win every week.  Some stats tee to green.

Aberg looks good but far to many mistakes in his rounds and needs to cut that out.  Work to do

On 4/15/2024 at 4:29 PM, Roberto said:

Pish in reality.

I just don't find Scheffler a likeable cunt, whereas during the Tiger era I loved him winning.

Àberg is going to be a cracking golfer.

Think you'll find the opinion within golf is that Scheffler is well thought of whereas Tiger in his pomp had no time for anyone else on the tour.

13 hours ago, Roberto said:

Note the 'I'.

Not 'within golf'.

Well "I" don't mind Scheffler, not when there's real arseholes like Garcia cutting about. Whether or not he's another Tiger is yet to be proven. A lot of these guys seem to have a two year peak where they look almost unbeatable then fade away, not many sustain it. Speith and Thomas both had their spell as did Koepka so Scheffler has still got to show he's the real deal over a long period. I think one of his main assets is temperament. Doesn't seem to get uptight on the big occasion. McIlroy seems to be suffering in that respect, maybe wants it too badly to just relax and play his best golf.

20 minutes ago, Jigsaw666 said:

Well "I" don't mind Scheffler, not when there's real arseholes like Garcia cutting about. Whether or not he's another Tiger is yet to be proven. A lot of these guys seem to have a two year peak where they look almost unbeatable then fade away, not many sustain it. Speith and Thomas both had their spell as did Koepka so Scheffler has still got to show he's the real deal over a long period. I think one of his main assets is temperament. Doesn't seem to get uptight on the big occasion. McIlroy seems to be suffering in that respect, maybe wants it too badly to just relax and play his best golf.

And that's life.

Perceptions of people.

'I' seem to think you're a decent cunt, others may not.

McIlroy won't probably win Masters until he's probably above 40, when as you say he just relaxes a little more.

9 minutes ago, Roberto said:

And that's life.

Perceptions of people.

'I' seem to think you're a decent cunt, others may not.

McIlroy won't probably win Masters until he's probably above 40, when as you say he just relaxes a little more.

Boring old fart is the general consensus.